• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Laptop Bag

ArtisticShowcase

Reaction score
I'm going to college (or at least planning to, I'm applying to schools this fall) and I want a great laptop bag for school.

My budget is from zero to $400 dollars (since I'm paying for it with my own money). I heard Jack Spade makes wellmade and stylish bags but should I look for something else that is cooler?

coachvu

Reaction score
Since you have plenty of time, I'd search around for great deals. Keep an eye on sierra trading post's site. Also, check discount stores like TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and Filene's Basement. Personally, I just use a normal leather messenger bag and use a sleeve for my laptop. That way, I have some sort of protection for my laptop if I need to put it in a different bag or just want to carry it alone.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Stax

Reaction score
I like booq bags: http://www.booqbags.com/index.html I own the Folee XM:
folee-listing.jpg
FOL-BLK-XM_4.JPG
FOL-BLK-XM_5.JPG
FOL-BLK-XM_6.JPG
FOL-BLK-XM_8.JPG
my favorite feature is the invisible magnetic closures on the front flap. They allow easy access to that compartment and I can slip an umbrella under the flap on rainy days.

ArtisticShowcase

Reaction score
Originally Posted by coachvu
Since you have plenty of time, I'd search around for great deals. Keep an eye on sierra trading post's site. Also, check discount stores like TJ Maxx, Marshall's, and Filene's Basement. Personally, I just use a normal leather messenger bag and use a sleeve for my laptop. That way, I have some sort of protection for my laptop if I need to put it in a different bag or just want to carry it alone.
Oh believe me, I work at my town's TJMaxx (I use it to get cheap designer clothes, like today, I snagged the only pair of Seven jeans in my size). We have a lot of Kenneth Cole briefcase-like bags but I want more of a messenger bag style

Oldboy

Reaction score
Tombihn.com has some great laptop bags that are well-constructed and made to last. I have one of their shoulder bags and it has served me well.

ArtisticShowcase

Reaction score
I like the Folee bag, especially since it is designed for the MacBook Pro, which is my laptop of choice (since I'm a Mac user since middle school).

Stax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArtisticShowcase
I like the Folee bag, especially since it is designed for the MacBook Pro, which is my laptop of choice (since I'm a Mac user since middle school).

yeah, they do market to the mac user, but they have bag systems for all platforms. I use the folee for my 12" powerbook and my 15" dell. They do have laptop sleeves (bottom photo) that are exclusively sized for macbook pros, however. I did not buy the sleeve because the bag's laptop compartment has plenty of padding to protect the machine. The sleeve would be nice, however, when I don't want to carry the bag but I still want some protection for the machine (which is hardly ever). it's a good bag.

coachvu

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ArtisticShowcase
Oh believe me, I work at my town's TJMaxx (I use it to get cheap designer clothes, like today, I snagged the only pair of Seven jeans in my size). We have a lot of Kenneth Cole briefcase-like bags but I want more of a messenger bag style

Yes, they have plenty of Kenneth Cole and Hummer brand bags, but they also have some nicer leather bags. I can't remember the brand name off the top of my head, but they usually cost around $40 (retail is over $100). Your store may not get these, but I'd keep an eye open for them.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
The Apple Store is selling a nice brown leather bag but I forget the make.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads