• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Denim/Pants For Guys With Muscular Wheels?

Automated Response

Reaction score
I like a slim cut, but I have a 14" drop and the legs to match, and I'm having a hard time finding 'slim' pants that don't look like they're absolutely painted on. I'm about a 32" waist x 35" inseam, and I usually need about a 13" thigh. Some pants (denim in particular) can and will stretch a bit, but I still feel like I'm at a bit of a loss. Can recommendations be made about brands/styles that might accommodate this 'condition'? I'm at that point where I am about to stop squatting/deadlifting because as much as I like dunking, I hate that I only have 3 pairs of pants in a massive closet that I can actually wear.

Denim, cord, chino, wool, whatever. I need some damn pants!

Fluery

Reaction score
You might look into some repro jean cuts...they are usually more relaxed and have bigger legs. Also, as someone with a ~32 waist and ~25 inch thighs, I've found APC NS to be pretty good if you stay true to size/maybe size down 1. Mine were tight in the thigh initially, but after maybe 2 weeks they were stretched pretty well in the thigh and fit fine.

blynch

Reaction score
Ande Whall Sailors should be perfect
Might be able to do kmw 1950s or 2010s, going true to size
There is a thread for jeans for big thigh guys if you do a search. For non jeans, epaulet is releasing a fuller cut trouser, I have their slim cut and that works great for me but I'm a 32 waist 12" thighs so you might want their fuller cut.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've found the perfect jean for muscular dudes to be KMW1980: slim and straight without being repro-style baggy. To be fair I havent tried the 1950 or 2010, but most repro cuts aren't really flattering I find.

shaftoe

Reaction score
If you have 26 inch thighs with a 32 inch waist you definitely need to look at repro cuts. KMW 1950s in waist 32 have about a 23.5 inch thigh initially but they do stretch. I would look at LVC, Sugar Cane, and Oni Blue.

GraphicNovelty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the same measurements. My APC Rescues were destroyed by my legs, so I doubt any other APC will fit. I`m in the midst of getting a pair of KMW 2010s, and seeing how they fit.

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
alright I don't mean this as a self plug

but the Fullcount 0105s are pure awesome. The full count denim isn't "gimmicky" like the PBJs or Samurais. They're just awesome denim, slightly fuzzy, slightly slubby, nice thick raw denim.

They're pretty full in the legs. I have somewhat muscular legs for my waist size, but the legs look fantastic.

peep the fullcount denim thread here

if it wasn't for the 1947 501 style back rise I would have definitely kept it.

highly highly recommend. I think once my APCs get worn out in a 2 years or so, I'm going to buy a 0105 again sized down 1

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jarude
I've found the perfect jean for muscular dudes to be KMW1980: slim and straight without being repro-style baggy. To be fair I havent tried the 1950 or 2010, but most repro cuts aren't really flattering I find.

Umm, this guy has 26" thighs and a 32" waist. I've owned the KMW 1980 in sizes 30 and 31 and also tried on the 32's and they absolutely will not work for him. The 2010 in his true waist size or one size up most likely will.

Automated Response

Reaction score
Originally Posted by L.R.
I have the same measurements. My APC Rescues were destroyed by my legs, so I doubt any other APC will fit. I`m in the midst of getting a pair of KMW 2010s, and seeing how they fit.
****, I was hoping the Rescues would be on point... How much do various cuts/brands tend to stretch in the thigh? Can anybody suggest non-denim? Cords/chinos?

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Automated Response
Can anybody suggest non-denim? Cords/chinos?

KMW Chinos should workI have 25.5" thighs, 19" calves and a 33" waist and they fit me perfect...

hboogz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have muscular thighs and i own a pair of KMW 1950's. The 1950's fit well, but not quite feeling the wider leg opening..

currymaker

Reaction score
Well, one pair I would recommend for this would be the Levis 527(Low Bootcut). I've got pretty big thighs, and even though they are boot cuts, they fit perfectly around the thighs as they arent too tight.

Pretty good for everyday wear.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm right here with you. I've got 26.5" thighs, and finding pants and jeans that fit is a complete pain **********. Often times if there's enough room at the top, then the overall leg is too wide, and the bottom cuff overpowers your shoes. We're working to fix this! We've got one good option now, and one to come.

For the moment, we make a pant called the "Rudy." We'll have it online in about 10 days in three different fabrics - and it will be a constant item in our collection. It's specifically designed for guys with muscular legs. It's a modified slim fit with more room in the seat and thighs, but a good taper after the knee to a small-ish leg opening. It's the best fitting pant that I've ever had, we worked on fit samples for six months to get it right. We're going to produce these in a range of dress and casual fabrics. If you need a good pair of trousers, then I'm sure that you'll be really happy with these.

For our suit separates in the future, you'll be able to choose this pant as an option, so you can pair it with a slim sportcoat. This was the bane of my suit-shopping existence: every time I would find a jacket that fit great, the pants were too tight. This will fix that.

And I'm working on a new jean fit. Our current EP's jean works for guys with moderately athletic legs, but it's too slim for me to wear. We're making a new fit which will be based off the Rudy pant pattern, and will offer enough room at the top with a decent taper in the leg. I'm hoping to release that in Indigo and Black around mid-March.

Outside of the stuff we make, I've found that these work well for me:

Naked & Famous Slim Guy Jeans & Slim Guy Chinos
Dry Bones Guitar Wolf Jet Jeans (avail from Self Edge)
Uniqlo vintage chinos (although the rise is kind of low)
Rugby slim chinos

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads