• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Boxer Briefs... where?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Calvins

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gearhead
second the uniqlo's, simply the best and they come in a variety of colours and stripes
get the extra low rise boxer brief with stretch, will not show through any pair of skinnys

Just ordered a couple of pairs of these. Definitely need more skivvies, so I may get some more if I end up liking them.

Originally Posted by MrGoodBytes
I've always stuck heavily with 2xist.

Their stretch fabrics are nice, but I hate the colors and the brand labeling, to the point where I feel kind of weird when I'm changing at the gym.

The AA ones are good, but I wish the legs were shorter (more trunk-style, less boxer-style).

Peter1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you can get to a Muji, their boxer briefs are pretty great for $9.50 or so. Lo-pro waistband, button fly, soft n stretchy.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
2xist are a good value. Sure a little tacky as far as the waist band/branding but if you stick with the basic colors it's not such a big deal. Too bad that 40% off CK sale didn't include underwear.

Jpreme87

Reaction score
Emporio Armani. enough said.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jpreme87
Emporio Armani. enough said.

these are what i bought last, from freshpair i think. i lik 'em a lot, slightly trimmer profile than the Polo Ralph Lauren ones i've typically bought in the past and seem to hold up much better too.

kayaker

Reaction score
Icebreaker merino boxer briefs, hands down. Yeah they're $43, but holy **** are they comfortable. 3 pair is all you need for a week-long trip - they never really smell the way synthetic materials do.

cthip

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwoyeu
check out ck's micro modal collection (not the x series which are a modal-cotton blend). it's the softest fabric, retains that softness through many, many washes, and don't ever pill. i have 20+ pairs in rotation and threw out all of my cotton underwear..

they retail for $24 but at the right time of year you can find them on sale for $14 at bloomies

x2

every cotton or cotton-blend that i've tried stretches out over the course of the day and gives wedgies. they also fade and/or pill. micro modal ck is the best i've found for the money so far

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cthip
x2

every cotton or cotton-blend that i've tried stretches out over the course of the day and gives wedgies. they also fade and/or pill. micro modal ck is the best i've found for the money so far

I disagree that all cotton/blend ones stretch out. I have some of the hanes comfort stretch which are a cotton blend (95cotton/5spandex) and they never stretch out during the day or ride up. Also they've yet to pill or fade so far. They're the best cheap option I've come across for trunks/boxerbriefs @ 2 for $10 (though I don't have access to a uniqlo or muji)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads