• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke Trousers from Ercole?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Has anyone used Frank out of Manhattan for bespoke trousers? A short review would be helpful.

I need to buy a few pairs and have been pretty unhappy with the stuff from Mr. Ned and LS Mens. Ercole is certainly more expensive, but I'd happily pay up if he is worth it.

sellahi22

Reaction score
All I know is that when I checked with him a few months ago he quoted me $300 for CMT. Very nice guy on the phone however.

Where did LS Mens Clothing fall short for you? I haven't used them directly but I had their trouser maker, Dario Rodriguez, copy some bespoke trousers and I was very pleased by the work. Great detailing/sewing/etc and he copied the fit exactly. With fabric + tailoring it was something like $150 per pair. Pretty unbelievable considering the prices for decent RTW trousers on the market.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
All I know is that when I checked with him a few months ago he quoted me $300 for CMT. Very nice guy on the phone however.

Where did LS Mens Clothing fall short for you? I haven't used them directly but I had their trouser maker, Dario Rodriguez, copy some bespoke trousers and I was very pleased by the work. Great detailing/sewing/etc and he copied the fit exactly.

Thanks sellahi. I was under the impression he was closer to $550 - maybe I'm mistaken.

LS gave me a very 'old man' cut - loose all round (particularly the seat which looks sloppy), short inside leg measurement leading to a baggy crotch area (save your jokes) etc. I wasn't impressed. Quality of construction was fine.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellahi22
Like a couple of weeks ago.

I paid a decent amount more. Sounds like people can save some cash by going straight to Dario.

sellahi22

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Thanks sellahi. I was under the impression he was closer to $550 - maybe I'm mistaken. LS gave me a very 'old man' cut - loose all round (particularly the seat which looks sloppy), short inside leg measurement leading to a baggy crotch area (save your jokes) etc. I wasn't impressed. Quality of construction was fine.
Dario charges $90 if you provide the cloth. In my history of buying clothes, this is pretty much the best bargain that I have experienced. I don't know about the fitting skills of the guys at LS because I used Dario directly. He took detailed measurements of the trousers I brought into him which took into account rise etc. PM me if you want his phone #.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Whats great about Frank is that he will make it right no matter what, no matter how long after purchase, and he's a perfectionist. To me thats worth more than anything.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads