• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke shirt maker

PatchedUp

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm toying with the idea of commissioning some bespoke shirts.

Where do people here get theirs? Jermyn St, Naples, elsewhere?

Pros and cons of each?

I was thinking T&A with a possibility of Budd. I have heard however that some of the Naples shirtmakers provide a better result like Luca Vitabile.

I realise much of the Italian Vs English debate is very much a personal choice but I would be interested to hear people's thoughts on the matter.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm toying with the idea of commissioning some bespoke shirts.

Where do people here get theirs? Jermyn St, Naples, elsewhere?

Pros and cons of each?

I was thinking T&A with a possibility of Budd. I have heard however that some of the Naples shirtmakers provide a better result like Luca Vitabile.

I realise much of the Italian Vs English debate is very much a personal choice but I would be interested to hear people's thoughts on the matter.
There are as many opinions about shirtmakers as there are about tailors. You already know there is no right answer. Italian shirts are a little different from English shirts, and one Italian maker is different from the next. Same in London. Budd, T&A, Emma Willis are all a bit different.

You should ask yourself what you want and then search the forum to see if there is a maker that is likely to deliver.

I've used two Italian makers: Marol and Simone Abbarchi. Marol's shirts are superb and very high style. They are astonishingly expensive, though. Abbarchi's are also great shirts, and much more conservative, overall. I'm in the early stages of working with Budd, but so far the results are exactly what I'm looking for. Lastly, I've used the Californian maker Hemrajani, who is perhaps the most flexible maker. They will work with you to make exactly what you want with any number of small tweaks and adjustments. It all depends what you want.

Fonz4

Reaction score
My list:

- Simone Abbarchi [Florence]
- Luca Avitabile [Naples]
- D'Avino [Naples]
- Wil Withing [London]
- Gino Venturini [Wien]
- Siniscalchi [Milan]

PatchedUp

Reaction score
Thanks chaps, I might give Luca Avitabile a try when he is in London

Reaction score
IMG_20180928_113012.jpg

Reaction score
There are as many opinions about shirtmakers as there are about tailors. You already know there is no right answer. Italian shirts are a little different from English shirts, and one Italian maker is different from the next. Same in London. Budd, T&A, Emma Willis are all a bit different.

You should ask yourself what you want and then search the forum to see if there is a maker that is likely to deliver.

I've used two Italian makers: Marol and Simone Abbarchi. Marol's shirts are superb and very high style. They are astonishingly expensive, though. Abbarchi's are also great shirts, and much more conservative, overall. I'm in the early stages of working with Budd, but so far the results are exactly what I'm looking for. Lastly, I've used the Californian maker Hemrajani, who is perhaps the most flexible maker. They will work with you to make exactly what you want with any number of small tweaks and adjustments. It all depends what you want.
I hope tou can try also D'AVINO TAILOR .

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads