• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke: Expectations, Results, Reflection

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
This is correct. Also, some people don't deserve to have much weight given to their comments. You need to watch out for this.

I thought that Manton arranged for him to be banned, though?

confused.gif

- B

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
You should retell your close call story.

- B

I still have nightmares about the German nurse.

Originally Posted by iammatt
Also, some people don't deserve to have much weight given to their comments.

Is this a veiled comment about the good doctor?

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would love to try it. But, it seems I have drifted into being a collector of vintage Ralph Lauren. I have so much of it now, I am thinking about concentrating strictly on these pieces in the future. Plus, it is cheap and fun....and most if it fits and looks good.
smile.gif

Mike

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Do you fear being stripped of your Stupid Ass Member status?

That is not likely to happen anytime soon. As aportnoy would say, "If the shoe fits..."

zalb916

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
Frankly, I think the biggest problem in this respect is StyleForum itself. Garments are so damned nitpicked to hell. For me, a guy who's just going into bespoke for the first time, I'm scared witless.

I agree. I am in the process of converting the majority of my wardrobe to bespoke. I used to post pictures of my outfits, but I stopped doing so with my new stuff. I'm happy with my tailor and with the stuff he's been making for me. I actually think it looks much better than the stuff I used to post. However, the way a lot of stuff is criticized on here just made me totally lose interest in posting pictures anymore.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer
I agree. I am in the process of converting the majority of my wardrobe to bespoke. I used to post pictures of my outfits, but I stopped doing so with my new stuff. I'm happy with my tailor and with the stuff he's been making for me. I actually think it looks much better than the stuff I used to post. However, the way a lot of stuff is criticized on here just made me totally lose interest in posting pictures anymore.

This is a shame. I'd encourage you to keep posting, because the more variety we see, the better off we are. Some of the feedback can be helpful, or at least thought-provoking, and you can ignore the rest.

I knew I'd made it when both Manton and FNB told me I was doing it wrong.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zbromer

Originally Posted by DocHolliday
This is a shame. I'd encourage you to keep posting, because the more variety we see, the better off we are. Some of the feedback can be helpful, or at least thought-provoking, and you can ignore the rest.

I knew I'd made it when both Manton and FNB told me I was doing it wrong.

I agree that it serves the forum's purpose better if we have more, not less, pictures. Plus there are two types of posts. Most of the WAYWN gets positive reponses, I believe that some there could do with some criticism but I understand the point of the thread. then there is the "i just got this suit form brand X or tailor X, what do you think?". This type of post will always have stronger critiques than WAYWN and some of it deservingly so. i think if you are happy with what you have, you could still post pics in WAYWN without worrying about nitpicking etc. and you'll be helping others they may learn from your fit.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I agree that it serves the forum's purpose better if we have more, not less, pictures. Plus there are two types of posts. Most of the WAYWN gets positive reponses, I believe that some there could do with some criticism but I understand the point of the thread. then there is the "i just got this suit form brand X or tailor X, what do you think?". This type of post will always have stronger critiques than WAYWN and some of it deservingly so. i think if you are happy with what you have, you could still post pics in WAYWN without worrying about nitpicking etc. and you'll be helping others they may learn from your fit.
Right. If anything, the forum tends to fall into a mindset that there's a right way of doing things, that certain styles look "best," and diversity only helps combat that.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
You also enjoy the added benefit of me telling you you're doing it wrong as well.

Those collars!

Are you still sore that I button them?

- B

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My mindset is to take a bit of influcence from all the different styles of bepoke I see here and elsewhere when making my commissions. I've never said to a tailor "I want an A&S style jacket." I have taken a few photos from various tailors/posters here to a tailor and said "I'd like something like this lapel on photo A and something like this shoulder on photo B" to make something I think is a bit fun. I guess that's why I work fine with the HK tailors as I like to shake things up a bit with style.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
putseller96