• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke bicycles

Trompe le Monde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GORGEOUS bikes. Sachs + Kirk might be the 2 best makers (along with Vanilla and perhaps Strong when he still made frames and not just jigs).

My lugged DeRosa and carbon Calfee both just arrived this morning from their oceanic trip but both are 'OTR' frames

aragon765

Reaction score
Amazing thread and bikes posted by Montesquieu, I have subscribed.

I was in the bike industry for several years before returning to school and commencing a second career, but I never went down the full custom road for a bike. I always customized my rides (which currently include a Cervelo R3, Trek Fuel EX9, KHS track bike, and Kona cyclocross/townie frankenbike) with non-stock parts etc... specs are posted in the general bike Appreciation thread here, here is a old group shot. I did go full custom for my wife's Marinoni (smallish custom maker out of Quebec), you can see it top right in the below picture, and the carbon Gary Fisher mountain bike is hers as well.

I really hope to get a custom ti bike at some point, it has always been a goal of mine!

emptym

Reaction score
Nice bike and dog. No idea about stickers. I can't imagine Goo Gone would hurt. But I'd consider leaving it bare. I love plain titanium bikes. Although, anodizing, like on that Nua, looks pretty nice.

Just fyi to anyone interested, I moved my posts and people's replies to the general bike thread. I didn't realize there was one of those and the discussion was moving more toward ready-made bikes than custom.

Althis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bespoke/MTM submission. Custom geometry Alchemy Eros titanium road disc bike with 1x drivetrain. I only specified the stack and reach on geometry while the rest is stock so not quite truly bespoke, but I did specify the artwork, cable routing, tube sizing, fork, and drivetrain/cockpit/etc.

Frame made in Denver, CO

Alchemy Eros titanium custom geometry 1x only w/ internal routing
Alchemy carbon 1 1/2 - 1 1/8 fork matte black
Chris King i7 matte bourbon headset
Fizik Argo Tempo R3 150mm saddle
Deda Superleggero RS 27.2mm seatpost
Enve carbon 120mm -6 degree stem
3T Superergo LTD Stealth 40cm handlebars
Fizik Vento Solocush 2.7mm navy bartape
Dura Ace 9170 shifters/brakes
XTR MT900 140mm rotors
Dura Ace 9100 Pioneer 172.5mm crankset
Chris King matte bourbon steel English BB
XTR M9050 Di2 rear derailleur
Kogel 12t Ceramic Pulleys
Garbaruk 42t 1x chainring
3T 9-32t Bailout cassette
KMC DLC 11 black chain
Industry Nine i9.45TL wheelset
Continental GP5000TL 25mm tires
Speedplay Zero pedals
Arundel Mandible matte oil slick bottle cages
Wahoo Elemnt Bolt
Tune Schraubwurger seatpost collar

ny3jWXI.jpg

d6E79ze.jpg

S20tyJc.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads