• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barney's NY Warehouse Sale

cjp

Reaction score
I believe the Barney's warehouse sale starts today in NYC, i was just curious to hear if anyone has checked it out this morning and if so, how is it? Looking for info on the suit selection that they may have there this year?

jasonsun

Reaction score
Don't even bother....price was actually more expensive than if you had purchased it on the last few days of the retial store (at least on the suit section). Brandwise, not much not choose from....mostly hickey/burberry/in house brand......i saw several in house brand that was made in china, what a suprise....

dsgNYC

Reaction score
Did you check out the shoes?

Twisty

Reaction score
If somebody could comment more on the suits, it would be much appreciated
smile.gif
Preferably, the amount and variety of 36R suits!

NYJ

Reaction score
Went at 8 this morning. I was unimpressed. It seemed like an even worse selection than in previous years. Maybe I'm just getting pickier. I saw tons of suits. Huge selection, especially if you're size 40-44 Regular. Although, if the pattern holds, most of the good "finds" are already gone. Lots of Hickey Freeman, Boss, Zegna, Isaia, Canali, etc. None of those brands are really my thing, but I know some people here like them.

The shoes section seemed Co-Op heavy. Mostly sneakers and casual boots. I did see a nice pair of Margiela boots amongst the high tops though.

There was also a fairly sparse designer section with pieces from BoO, Dior, McQ, etc. Lots of Thom Browne.

As others have said, there's a reason most of this stuff made it to the warehouse sale. Worth checking out if you're an odd size. You might find something. Best advice: go soon and be prepared to dig.

Toorman

Reaction score
Arrived around noon - 40R - lots of crap (Burberry, Boss, Kors, Barney's private label), some Zegna Roma (0 Milano), lots of Canali and a fair amount of Isaiah (mostly Base G) and some of that was quite nice. The Isaiah were marked down from 3000 to 999. Lowest I had seen in the store was 1200 (although Sak's bottoms out at 899). Found it weird that the store mostly carries the Base S and these were all G's.

Sportscoats were mostly garbage and, regardless of label, looked as if they were marked down for a reason. There were two exceptions. A Battistoni (3095 down to 799) and a Bamford and Sons (1895 down to 459) which can now be found in my closet.

Shoes were mostly garbage as well. Losts of Prada and Peluso and lots of scuffs and abuse. Some Paul Smith for those looking for some casual options. Purchased a pair of Paul Smith (Cage) that will be nice for jeans/casual wear (615 down to 287). I was not familiar with them but was pleasantly surprised to see they were made in Italy and not India and they seemed of good quality.

It's typical warehouse sale. A lot of garbage with a few gems tossed in. You also have to get lucky. Neither of the sport coats were found in the correct location. I just sort of stumbled upon them. Did the same with a pair of Etro trousers which I also purchased. Go early for quality - go late for deals.

Twisty

Reaction score
Nice reports!

Quick question: You guys wouldn't happened to see some Varvatos, Paul Smith or Hickey (not Freeman) suits would you?

I'm tired of all these sales just putting out the bland stuff in ridiculous sizes. ie - Burberry Bond Street suits in 46R. Or a Boss shirt in 18.5.

Toorman

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Twisty
Nice reports!

Quick question: You guys wouldn't happened to see some Varvatos, Paul Smith or Hickey (not Freeman) suits would you?

I'm tired of all these sales just putting out the bland stuff in ridiculous sizes. ie - Burberry Bond Street suits in 46R. Or a Boss shirt in 18.5.

Actually, there were more than a few Hickey suits for sale. I think the price was about$550 or so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads