• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Balenciaga FW07 black wool duffle coat, size 50 - Ghesquiere era!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drexl

Reaction score
Hey all,

Putting up my beloved Balenciaga duffle coat up for sale if anybody's interested. The coat is from fall-winter 2007 back when Nicolas Ghesquiere was still at the helm and putting out amazing garments. Simply put, this is the ultimate iteration of the duffle coat.

Made of thick stiff wool that gives the coat an amazing structure (something very important to Nicholas Ghesquiere), not the cheap flimsy thin wools every other duffle coat is made of. Super warm, survived 3 Canadian winters with it. Slim cut with modern detailing, enameled black hardware, soft nappa leather loops.

Size 50 Euro (40 US), fits slim but true to size, not the I'll-make-Hedi-Slimane-blush ridiculously slim cuts he's done in the past.

Very good condition. Unfortunately, the weight of the wool fabric was no match for the interior lining they use, as the it is starting to shred where the lining rubs against the inside fabric seams. It is because they used a lining that was too lightweight and fragile (my guess is because the coat was already pretty damn heavy, they wouldn't want to add another pound or so of lining). It can be either patched up or relined entirely by an alterations tailor. Also, the pile (i.e. fuzzy wool) has started to wear down on some areas (e.g. sleeve cuff) and you can start to see the wool weave in the fabric. Finally, some of the black enamel paint on the metallic hardware has chipped a bit on some of the toggles.

As such, I have adjusted my selling price to take into consideration the condition of the coat. It retailed for a little over $2,000, I personally paid $1,200 on sale. I am asking only $400, which I believe is fair. This is an incredibly rare coat, I've never come across another one in about 6-7 years on the online marketplace.

Measurements (bear in mind the fabric is thick): 21.5'' pit to pit, 18.5'' shoulder to shoulder, 27'' sleeves, 36'' length

Attachments

• balenciagaduffle.jpg
    balenciagaduffle.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 35
  • balenciagadufflecoatar.jpg
    balenciagadufflecoatar.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 34
  • hpim0849v.jpg
    hpim0849v.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 33
  • hpim0850.jpg
    hpim0850.jpg