• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Philip1978

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just saw it, I guess I'm a mouth breathing moron.
smile.gif

VincentMilano

Reaction score
Haha, nice Na'vi... I like them a bit shorter though...
smile.gif

Anyways, about the movie... I really liked it a lot, especially the duration... Has been a while since such a long movie could bother me to sacrifice my spare time for it.

Only thing I hated where the dutch movie theaters that aren't cleaned very well. Had to take my coat to the drycleaners again...
frown.gif

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VincentMilano
Haha, nice Na'vi... I like them a bit shorter though...
smile.gif

Anyways, about the movie... I really liked it a lot, especially the duration... Has been a while since such a long movie could bother me to sacrifice my spare time for it.

Only thing I hated where the dutch movie theaters that aren't cleaned very well. Had to take my coat to the drycleaners again...
frown.gif

They made Avatar into a peep show for furry-enthusiasts?
uhoh.gif

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by VincentMilano

The only good thing about the duration of this movie is that it gave me an opportunity to take a nap in the middle and still wake up with enough time to know what's going on and not to miss the most important parts.

VincentMilano

Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater
The only good thing about the duration of this movie is that it gave me an opportunity to take a nap in the middle and still wake up with enough time to know what's going on and not to miss the most important parts.
Already occured to you that you perhaps miss the 'good-movie' feeling?

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by odoreater

It was all I could do to not fall asleep while I watched it.
That ******* Cameron has a hell of an ego.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
3D is a gimmick, just like IMAX is a gimmick, just like Dolby surround is a gimmick.

These are things that might make a movie more entertaining, but they will never make a movie BETTER.

It didn't make the MOVIE better, but it made my viewing experience better and thus me being more entertained.

I didn't give two ***** about the story, but the 3D was pretty cool.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
It didn't make the MOVIE better, but it made my viewing experience better and thus me being more entertained. I didn't give two ***** about the story, but the 3D was pretty cool.
Again though, you don't see a problem with spending hundreds of millions of dollars on SFX and about ten dollars on a script? You support this and will pay to see it multiple times? I don't want to hear any complaining in the future about how most movies suck. You did it. I'm not specifically singling you out. And you aren't the only one to blame. But it's the mindset that you don't give a **** if this is rehashed **** in a shiny wrapper that encourages them to keep feeding you rehashed **** in progressively shiner and shinier wrappers. I'm just saying.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Again though, you don't see a problem with spending hundreds of millions of dollars on SFX and about ten dollars on a script?
You support this and will pay to see it multiple times?
I don't want to hear any complaining in the future about how most movies suck. You did it.

I'm not specifically singling you out. And you aren't the only one to blame. But it's the mindset that you don't give a **** if this is rehashed **** in a shiny wrapper that encourages them to keep feeding you rehashed **** in progressively shiner and shinier wrappers.

I'm just saying.

I would pay to see it multiple times to knock Titanic off its perch.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Again though, you don't see a problem with spending hundreds of millions of dollars on SFX and about ten dollars on a script?
You support this and will pay to see it multiple times?
I don't want to hear any complaining in the future about how most movies suck. You did it.

I'm not specifically singling you out. And you aren't the only one to blame. But it's the mindset that you don't give a **** if this is rehashed **** in a shiny wrapper that encourages them to keep feeding you rehashed **** in progressively shiner and shinier wrappers.

I'm just saying.

I totally agree. I paid to see it once, in regular non-IMAX 3D and I was satisfied. I will not spend any more time or money to watch it again, nor do I plan to. I watch it like I watch brainless action movies, stoner comedies, and Appreciation; with no expectation of artistic merit. And I am not ashamed of it.

Music has already gone down this path for decades, where the records that make the most money are also ones that are total crap and consumed by the lowest common denominator. That doesn't stop me from loading up some Lady Gaga or Black Eye Peas and crank it in my car in between playings of the newest Animal Collective and Vampire Weekend.

Yeah it sucks they spent multitudes more on the graphics and than on the script, but there's plenty of movies out there that are the opposite that I would watch just as readily (or even moreso on repeat viewings).

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
but there's plenty of movies out there that are the opposite that I would watch just as readily (or even moreso on repeat viewings).

Like what? What independent. art, or low budget movies did you watch in theaters multiple times this year? Just wondering.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
I would pay to see it multiple times to knock Titanic off its perch.

spam[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads