• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

AUTHENTICITY CHECK: LV evidence sunglasses!!

crazieight

Reaction score
Hey I just wanted to do an authenticity check on these LV evidence sunglasses. No offense whatsoever to the person selling this, I just want to be on the safe side
wink.gif

Apparently the LV evidence is supposed to have a bag for a cloth and this one does as shown in the pictures. However when I asked the seller if he had the cloth, he said he lost it, but ive read a guide before and the guide said that real lv evidences do not have cloths as the soft bag doubles as a cloth.

Using an iPod right now so not easy to upload pics embedded so I'm gonna have to burden you all with links.

Please help me out with your trained eyes! Many thanks!

One more thing is that these pics are all supplied to me by the seller, but the third pic for the case makes me a bit suspicious because it is a .png and the rest are .jpg...

Glasses top view
http://i.imgur.com/J95lL.jpg

Case with cloth
http://i.imgur.com/DVrEm.jpg

Case
http://i.imgur.com/1VvKw.png

Also, these are the eastern fit as the seller said.

butterflystyle

Reaction score
You are authentically a giant douche

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Often quite difficult to tell a fake from the real, especially with something like sunglasses.

If the seller is in China or Pakistan or something, they'll be fake. Is this on Ebay?

TBH I wouldn't take the chance, unless the price is only a few bucks. LV is probably the most copied brand there is.

Hugo34

Reaction score
Sorry I hope I could help, but with what you have provided, I must say it doesn't really help either. So i guess you will know whether they are auth. the hard way. That is after you have bought them.

Brosef

Reaction score
Could be the pictures but the case looks too dark, almost black, but it's supposed to be brown. Also, on the top view picture, you're supposed to see a number on the right side ...I'd say fake, definitely. Unless your guy sucks really bad at taking pictures.

*#..

Reaction score
Only 1 picture of the glasses? Don't buy it for more than $5, I'd be willing to bet they're fake. In my experience, sellers use blurry photos to hide any scratches/stains on items. They know their photos are blurry and that's the whole point. Even if they are real, they are really ugly from the picture he gave.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SeanathonHuff
Nobody busy Louie V any more. Haven't you seen the Reddit front page? GOSH!

TBH I think LVMH should kill the 'Louis Vuitton' brand off. Does anyone actually buy real LV these days?

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeDT
TBH I think LVMH should kill the 'Louis Vuitton' brand off. Does anyone actually buy real LV these days?
I still do. Just walk into LV stores and buy..easy as that. No need for silly legit check threads this way.

rockfreeway

Reaction score
HI I MIGHT BE TWO YEARS TOO LATE, BUT I SUGGEST LOOKING SOMEWHERE ELSE, There are eastern fit indeed, but the pictures you showed might be a replica. dont make the same mistake that i did. I have the western fit but i only found out now (after 11 months), that i just wasted $350.00 on a pair of replicas, they look good as the real thing, but i have friends and some ebay sellers who have the expertise in smelling (LOL) and eyeing real from fakes. Counterfeiters are getting good these days. it's hard to tell honestly. But if i were you, i wouldn't take the chance. i like to shop online, just reply if you have more questions.

MrGoodDeeder

Reaction score
HI I MIGHT BE TWO YEARS TOO LATE, BUT I SUGGEST LOOKING SOMEWHERE ELSE, There are eastern fit indeed, but the pictures you showed might be a replica. dont make the same mistake that i did. I have the western fit but i only found out now (after 11 months), that i just wasted $350.00 on a pair of replicas, they look good as the real thing, but i have friends and some ebay sellers who have the expertise in smelling (LOL) and eyeing real from fakes. Counterfeiters are getting good these days. it's hard to tell honestly. But if i were you, i wouldn't take the chance. i like to shop online, just reply if you have more questions.

Hi there

I was wondering if you could help me out as you look like the most sensible person here.

I'm looking to buy these and have come across a couple with the serial number: Z0350.

The box is blue not brown and everything is orange as in the bag etc

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200424-104955_Gumtree.jpg
    Screenshot_20200424-104955_Gumtree.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 188
  • Screenshot_20200424-105042_Gumtree.jpg
    Screenshot_20200424-105042_Gumtree.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 194
  • Screenshot_20200424-105054_Gumtree.jpg
    Screenshot_20200424-105054_Gumtree.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Screenshot_20200424-105054_Gumtree.jpg
    Screenshot_20200424-105054_Gumtree.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 217
  • Screenshot_20200424-105128_Gumtree.jpg
    Screenshot_20200424-105128_Gumtree.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 2,218
  • Screenshot_20200424-105247_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20200424-105247_WhatsApp.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 2,253

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads