• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never been into DM without there being one or two other customers there - buying. Many times there will be 5 or 6.
Some (many) people will buy good shoes even when they don't care too much about the rest of their clothes. Most of the older blokes I know who wear good "english" shoes wouldn't know a clothes forum if they fell over one and would never buy shoes online. Mostly they used to buy say Churches at McClouds or on trips to UK.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dont really want to speculate about DMs business model - except to say i think it will sustain and they do have a huge range and good service. And - in general - quality shoe stock doesn't lose value.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are getting GeoffreyFirmin an Xmas present? God you two are cute. I suggest Keating's new biography or a red telephone.

Too late for the party tool. That was yesterdays news.

jrb666

Reaction score
Just had lunch on the 2nd floor of the Strand Arcade, near the putative Double Monk store.

The door was slightly ajar, so I stuck my nose in.

The fit out works are definitely going on and are at a reasonably advanced stage.

I'm no retailer, but I'd have thought they'd be looking to open at least 4-6 weeks before Christmas, when people are in major spending mode.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just had lunch on the 2nd floor of the Strand Arcade, near the putative Double Monk store.

The door was slightly ajar, so I stuck my nose in.

The fit out works are definitely going on and are at a reasonably advanced stage.

I'm no retailer, but I'd have thought they'd be looking to open at least 4-6 weeks before Christmas, when people are in major spending mode.
Did you slip a note under the door with all our combined retailing advice in summary?

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BB must be in the last stages of divorce from Oroton. I've been trying to order BB Golden Fleece polos in a particular size and colour and they have been out of stock for the past two months. Anybody know any good eBay sites for PRL or Skipjack?

Dandy Wonka

Reaction score
Biggest thing that's always surprised me with DM is their lack of an online store, even if it just covered Australia wide.

They go for personal service.

I have ordered a few pairs over the phone that they sent me.

And cop this for personal service. One pair they sent went missing on the way. They were happy to send another pair at no charge and I was just to send the missing ones back when they finally came.

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And cop this for personal service. One pair they sent went missing on the way. They were happy to send another pair at no charge and I was just to send the missing ones back when they finally came.

I bought a pair of shoes from them in Melbourne. Shoes were leather. Came back to Sydney. Then realised I would prefer them in brown suede. Called them up and asked sheepishly if I could swap them.

"We don't have them in stock... but we'll order a pair for you in our next shipment and send them to you when they arrive".

Didn't charge me for the special order, didn't charge me for the shipping from Melb to Syd.

This was my first experience as a buyer with them. It won't be my last.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

An online presence doesn't prevent you providing good personal service.

In short, online and brick and mortar dont have to be mutually exclusive.

Probably have brought belts and sapphire from them if they had an online store, maybe even shoes with the declined dollar.

For every customer in store buying, there's plenty online opportunities too.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi gents, where do you get decent quality (cheap)nato straps from? I finally got a superocean 42 and went for the cheapest option with leather & tang buckle. Plan to wear mostly with nato straps.

herringbonePete

Reaction score

Hi gents, where do you get decent quality (cheap)nato straps from? I finally got a superocean 42 and went for the cheapest option with leather & tang buckle. Plan to wear mostly with nato straps.

Tens of places do them on EBay: sort search results by postage and price ...

andrewnguyen

Reaction score

CJ Hallam - one of my favourites. But too much creases in this picture. Is there any way I can reduce this? I always use shoes tree after each wear.

Ta,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads