• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Windowpane1967

Reaction score
Hello Journeyman - suit back from Regent. Excellent job. Reasonably price also. Thankyou for the recommendation. Have great weekend.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He is saying what he thinks that's the beauty and mystery of language, it's a sign system. As for music yes do you think that yo could reduce Mahler to language?

Art is an expression determined by the technique of the individual in terms of idea and reaction to the zeitgeist. Mind you one of the best quotes about abstract expressionist painting is that "an abstract expressionist painting doesn't really want to be a painting" W.J.T. Mitchell

Ha - of course, you know I was just being a contrarian.

I don't mind the odd bit of poetry, but I don't have enough patience for the really obtuse stuff.

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha - of course, you know I was just being a contrarian.

I don't mind the odd bit of poetry, but I don't have enough patience for the really obtuse stuff.

I have exactly the same feeling about obtuse poetry, jazz or a lot of abstract art. I am starting to appreciate the music side a lot more so maybe it just takes time to develop the taste for it.

skeen7908

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I was just assuming that the poem wasnt just words chosen and placed together to sound interesting

There is an explicable meaning a little more articulate and yes concrete than "oh, its about those few years between world war I and world war II"

I agree with coxsackie, but I prefer my music more literal

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There is an explicable meaning a little more articulate and yes concrete than "oh, its about those few years between world war I and world war II"

Or is just so that wankers have something vaguely profound to say to sound more intelligent than the rest of us

facepalm.gif

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These days, I'm not sure what I'm more scared of: being blown up by teenage bigots at a Mother's Day celebration, or being king-hit by a drunken sociopath on the footpath outside a bar.

Probably the latter. Statistically, it's far more likely.

Last edited:

iSurg

Reaction score
Would like to poll the group:
Out of these three styles on offer, which one would you have gone for?

Brown Calf Tetbury
(far left)

Harrogate

Cheviot

All photo credits to our good friends at Doublemonk

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks again, good responses on the poetry.

Been trying to read a lot more this year, and I'm no longer a pizza boy as of this weekend!

So far this year I've read (and finally finished, I started it a few times) Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance,Thomas Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49, and the Minimalist's Everything that Remains. The Crying of Lot 49 is such a fantastic book, Pynchon is great, really loved it. Knocked it out in a few days, up until this weekend I haven't had much time for reading. I've read a lot of journal entries on Computer Science.

Currently reading Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence people. It's alright, I'm ~100 pages in or so. I feel as though it could be summed up by "Don't be a dick" and "Consider the wants and needs of your peers". I picked up a copy of Infinite Jest, but that looks quite daunting, might wait a little before I start. Lot's of books I'd like to read, and I'll get to them all eventually. Will probably start Pirlo's biography next, or The Cathedral and the Bazaar.

My book shelf is slowly filling up, but I've decided not to buy anymore books, and buy an eReader instead. The Kindle Voyage looks nice, but not the best bang for buck(since when has that ever bothered me though), but I'll wait till I can get a second gen Paperwhite on sale.

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would like to poll the group:
Out of these three styles on offer, which one would you have gone for?
All depends on your current wardrobe. I have the Tetbury's, which I'll probably offload soon, they're quite a comfortable shoe, just make sure you have a wide enough leg opening. I found my trousers, whilst fine on Alden boots, Carmina boots, even trickers boots, used to stack against the shoe laces, didn't look so great.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads