• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aruson

Reaction score
I think that's because now, unless you do something to conceal your IP address, you are automatically directed to the Australian BB website, which has a really poor selection of clothes compared to the US website, and the prices are higher, too.

If, however, you mask your IP address, you should be able to get to the US Brooks Brothers website where you will be able to find pairs of the Thompson chino pants. I'm not sure if BB makes them in wool, or if they only come in cotton.

Thanks guys. I'd be interested in buying from their US website if I had tried their pants before, but given their limited range of cuts in Australia it might be too risky :(

Hm, it may be the regent cut I get. Yes they will be cheaper in store. Go in and ask when they are having a sale.

Thanks. I just had a look and their Regent cut only comes in Navy and Brown! I might get the Navy anyway, but I'd prefer a charcoal for the time being...Seems like there is a sale on at the moment for $102.

Any other suggestions for different brands?

lukejackson

Reaction score
I would suggest trying the brooks brothers pants on first, if you can get to a shop. in my opinion, 102 is still good for them, though my high end pants experience is limited. I much prefer them to mj bale and the like though. All the affordable (for me at least) pants in Australia are too slim in the leg (and I don't have big legs, just my preference). If you lke the cut of your country road ones, you could send them to luxire and have them replicated in a high quality fabric.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crazy I know!

I would suggest trying the brooks brothers pants on first, if you can get to a shop. in my opinion, 102 is still good for them, though my high end pants experience is limited. I much prefer them to mj bale and the like though. All the affordable (for me at least) pants in Australia are too slim in the leg (and I don't have big legs, just my preference). If you lke the cut of your country road ones, you could send them to luxire and have them replicated in a high quality fabric.

As someone who legitimately does have big legs I fit MJ Bale pants just fine.

You could also try TM Lewin and Charles Tyrwhitt.

labravajazz

Reaction score
Also with big legs long and big thighs and calf etc Bale fit really well, comfortable and still look in proportion not baggy

JohnsNotHere

Reaction score

I get the majority of mine from Howard Yount, they retail around the $165 - $200 mark. Italian cut is relatively slim. His customer service has turned to **** according to some but I've never had an issue.

Last edited:

Toriiiiiino

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm after a pair of brown 2 eyelet derby shoes (Similar look to the brown carmina shoemaker derby model 907 rain last) which will be used for work, interviews and outings.
Anyone have recommendations on what shoe or brands and stores in Sydney? Will have time to shop this week.
Many thanks!

lukejackson

Reaction score
After complaining to friends about how expensive it is here, i hit the jackpot tonight. Second hand store with the likes of Gant, Polo, Pendleton, Woolrich, J.Crew etc. Even a corneliani overcoat, and I saw a Brioni hanger, so I'm guessing the goods are there. Didn't have time to have an extensive look, but picked up a pair of choc brown corduroys by Polo Ralph Lauren (mainline). about 6 bucks. Took them to the markets, found a dodgy tailor and immediately regreted it. He spoke no English, but I was in too deep. Didn't take measurements, pin anything etc., just looked at them, looked at the pants i had on, and said "halaas", which basically means, done. I was trying to ask when I should come back, the next night, a week? 10 minutes later they were taken in, tapered and the buttons resewn, grand total of about 2.20 aud. Not to bad!

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
After complaining to friends about how expensive it is here, i hit the jackpot tonight. Second hand store with the likes of Gant, Polo, Pendleton, Woolrich, J.Crew etc. Even a corneliani overcoat, and I saw a Brioni hanger, so I'm guessing the goods are there.

LJ, that sounds great.

Perhaps you can pick up some good things and re-sell them - you could become the Jordanian version of Spoopoker!

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Crazy I know!

As someone who legitimately does have big legs I fit MJ Bale pants just fine. 

You could also try TM Lewin and Charles Tyrwhitt. 

I found the CT chinos I bought a while back have a very low rise and I find that with English brand trousers its always best to go up a size in my recent experience.

OzWino

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'd be interested in buying from their US website if I had tried their pants before, but given their limited range of cuts in Australia it might be too risky :(

Thanks. I just had a look and their Regent cut only comes in Navy and Brown! I might get the Navy anyway, but I'd prefer a charcoal for the time being...Seems like there is a sale on at the moment for $102.

One brand Ive found suitable to my big thighs, prominent seat, (and age group) is Anthony Squires. I find they last well for work.

Also, with regards to geo-blocking etc of overseas websites, just use a Tor browser. It doesnt track you, so no Google/FB knowing what you looking at. At times it can be a little slow. And you get weird ads in strange languages, because they dont know where you're from.

jacquiQ7

Reaction score
If one can't find a tailor near them to perform alterations to a suit - how do folks decide on an alterations company? Just take a punt?

Was it sexist of me to prefer a male when all I found were ladies? Nevertheless, 3 companies keep getting recommended by shops locally so I am going to them. Is there a secret handshake I should know about to weed out the great from the good?

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody got any old Django Rheinhardt recordings they can donate to Tim Farriss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads