• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hmmm... I can see the beginnings of a protection racket here - visiting menswear stores and demanding that they hand over their stock of fully-canvassed jackets and Goodyear-welted, calf leather shoes or their stock might "suffer an unfortunate accident".

In that case I think the clothing retailiers of Australia - particularly Brisbane - are perfectly safe.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah it was great. Food was excellent as well . Thanks Nabil for organising .

I'll be in Sydney in the next couple of weeks with the Mrs so you'd recommend Nomad for a feed?

Read a review of Temporada in Canberra yesterday looks like a good food and drink menu anyone here eaten there yet?

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'll be in Sydney in the next couple of weeks with the Mrs so you'd recommend Nomad for a feed?

Read a review of Temporada in Canberra yesterday looks like a good food and drink menu anyone here eaten there yet?

I am sure you will love the food and service at nomad . Lovely wait staffs as well .

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nomad will definitely get its hat this Oct/Nov. So get in before they bump everything up because of the hype.

You'll find it warm, cosy and intimate. The perfect place for a good meal with the Mrs.

The food is hearty, wholesome and well executed. The Churros, Wagyu Skirt, Lamb and Calamari with squid ink are all the go-to dishes.

Wine by the bottle is very reasonable ($50) - we had a Pinot Gris from Tasmania (!!!!) which was soft and subtle.

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've got a BNWT Patrik Ervell tee in M in the ocean print from SS14. Bought it thinking it might suit me, it doesn't. I'll never wear it and I can't return it back to Hypebeast so I'll sell it reasonably cheap. $145 shipped, images can be seen at https://www.patrikervell.com/product/detail/pass/1716

Apologies if I come across as a bit sarcastic (which I don't mean to be), but the following parts of the above post don't really compute:

"tee (shirt)", "reasonably cheap", "$145".

Last edited:

charliechan

Reaction score
Nomad will definitely get its hat this Oct/Nov. So get in before they bump everything up because of the hype.

You'll find it warm, cosy and intimate. The perfect place for a good meal with the Mrs.

The food is hearty, wholesome and well executed. The Churros, Wagyu Skirt, Lamb and Calamari with squid ink are all the go-to dishes.

Wine by the bottle is very reasonable ($50) - we had a Pinot Gris from Tasmania (!!!!) which was soft and subtle.

Do you think it will be a good place to have a family dinner of 7? Looking for something that isn't (too) loud.

Hope there will be another Syd catch-up in the near future so I can attend :)

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Need a new casual jumper one with some versatility colour wise http://www.sportscraft.com.au/Merin...hing-knits,default,sc.html=undefined&start=10

thinking to match it with navy kahaki green corduroy and jeans thoughts?

Also the fact it would probably fit under a pea coat but aside from early morning and nights winter has gone walkabout here in Canberra probably left town when it saw the Budget papers.
I don't know about khaki green with that colour. You might be better off with a navy blue, or a beige.

And as for winters, Sydney's never really arrived; am wearing tropical wool today FTW.

JimmyHoffa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you think it will be a good place to have a family dinner of 7? Looking for something that isn't (too) loud.

Hope there will be another Syd catch-up in the near future so I can attend :)

A table of seven is always going to find it hard to have group conversation - unless the table is round and you're the only ones in the restaurant. You'll have to play musical chairs, which is fun, in my opinion.

Nomad would be good, definitely, so would Porteno in Cleveland street. Porteno has a higher ceiling so noise tends to reverberate, but that's just being picky. Both have good salads, so you can cater for your entire family.

You're looking at about $60-$80 per head for food. Good food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads