• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
smile.gif
More likely better cared for as well. My wife doesn't take care of her shoes at all.

+1

How so?

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A black dress (not country) brogue or semi brogue is the most versatile shoe if you only have one or two shoes. (Even then a country brogue open laced will still serve well)
If you have only two dress shoes the other one should be a brown brogue or semi brogue. (This assumes you have sneakers and boots etc).

Co-incidentally, exactly what I am wearing today - black C&J Selbournes. My business rotation is based around 4 C&Js: the Selbournes, black and brown Audleys, and brown Westfields. (Fridays I go for something a little less dressy, like an EG suede brogue, Loake Hilton etc).

I generally find I reach for the brogues ahead of the cap-toe Audleys nearly all of the time. They just seem more interesting to me. That said, I'd go with the cap-toes for an interview or something more formal than the run-of-the-mill work day.

Last edited:

andrewjamesdean

Reaction score
Further to my quest for some loafers, I've come to the conclusion that Meermin is the way to go. I'll send an email across to them, and will hopefully get my sizing sorted out that way.

If I'm ordering RTW, does Meermin generally ship quite quickly?

So now I need to come to a landing on what type of loafers to get - penny or tassel?! In the not too distant future, I can see that I will probably end up with one of each, but in the meantime I'm not sure which should be the first purchase. Is one considered more versatile than the other? Either choice will be dark brown.

While I will mostly wear the loafers with shorts/denim, I also wouldn't mind wearing them to a few summwe weddings I have coming up, with a navy suit. Does that aid in the decision of penny vs tassel?

Any advice is greatly appreciated (except for any advice telling me that loafers are too casual to wear with suits - I understand that view, but it's not for me!)

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
Same here, have heaps more shoes than my girlfriend! It helps that she doesn't exist though.

Ok Foxy enough is enough! I propose that as a group this thread should create a Scope of Works for your good self to snare a girlfriend! She will be the Foxhoundness... She is out there, somewhere! By the power vested by this thread you will damn find her!

Suggestions igents?

Last edited:

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
While I will mostly wear the loafers with shorts/denim, I also wouldn't mind wearing them to a few summwe weddings I have coming up, with a navy suit. Does that aid in the decision of penny vs tassel?

Any advice is greatly appreciated (except for any advice telling me that loafers are too casual to wear with suits - I understand that view, but it's not for me!)

Given your thoughts on those two areas l recommend Tassel, burgundy at that.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1

How so?

She buys them, they go into the shoe cupboard and get worn as required - no polishing of boots, brushing of suede, etc. She had shoes sitting in the garage literally collecting (saw)dust until I brought them in and gave them a good clean.

FWIW, I think chocolate brown suede loafers can look great with a blue suit.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
She buys them, they go into the shoe cupboard and get worn as required - no polishing of boots, brushing of suede, etc. She had shoes sitting in the garage literally collecting (saw)dust until I brought them in and gave them a good clean.

In my neck of the woods, there's only a 50% chance they even make it inside of her shoe cupboard.

Halifax

Reaction score
Ok Foxy enough is enough! I propose that as a group this thread should create a Scope of Works for your good self to snare a girlfriend! She will be the Foxhoundness... She is out there, somewhere! By the power vested in this thread you will damn find her!

Suggestions igents?

I could take foxy to Thailand with me...

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ok Foxy enough is enough! I propose that as a group this thread should create a Scope of Works for your good self to snare a girlfriend! She will be the Foxhoundness... She is out there, somewhere! By the power vested by this thread you will damn find her!

Suggestions igents?

I'm happy to help but my advice might be out of date.
It never seemed all that complicated.

Get all dressed up in fancy clothes. Go out. Get loaded on drugs and/or alcohol. Find loud music. Go home with woman/women.

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FWIW, I think chocolate brown suede loafers can look great with a blue suit.
+1 My wife has over 10 pairs of knee length leather boots (that I know of!! and I am not counting the other types of shoes), and she scuffs them, scratches the leather, etc etc, and I think I spend more time fixing and maintaining her boots than my own shoes. The only upside as far as I can see is that my stretching out the lives of her boots, I can save money which would otherwise go into new purchases.

BTW, Gerry that is a very nice tie, the rusty orangey one. Drakes, Vanda??

Foxhound, if you dont try to find a girlfriend, they will come to you naturally. Somehow girls can scent a guy on the hunt and keep away.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
I could take foxy to Thailand with me...

Get all dressed up in fancy clothes. Go out. Get loaded on drugs and/or alcohol. Find loud music. Go home with woman/women.

Gents we are certainly gaining traction! So far....

• Foxy can go with Halifax to Thailand for come what may - there's a chance he'll end up with more than a girlfriend!
  • The old fashioned approach recommended by FXH - does fancy include sockless? Loud music (what venues?) Also fragrance selection could be critical, Californian Dreamer do you care to chime in? Perhaps to complement the traditional approach with a traditional fragrance, something musky...

Last edited:

Petepan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

images

Fragrance should be animalic

Last edited:

Halifax

Reaction score
But I thought he was after a female.

Point taken, but there are plenty of European backpackers on Thanon Koh San. Your formula definitely would get a result over [edit] there FXH and is not out of date.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads