• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemyMichel

Reaction score
ebay, from the States.
Id be complaining and asking for them to be either paying you a sum to keep them i.e half or 3/4 of what you paid or for them to pay your return shipping with a full refund.

If you have already given positive feedback open a paypal dispute. Thats very poor form from the seller

eightace

Reaction score
I'll be doing that, I just want to confirm absolutely that they're not shell. I'm sure they're not, but I want an expert opinion.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

OK, pics as follows:

Hi Mate this is 100% calf. I own few pairs of shell cordovan and I can see difference between calf and cordovan form miles.
And Shell Cordovan Vintage Florsheim Imperial is a "long Wing" not a wingtip (this pair is wingtip).
Just have a closer look at my Florsheim DB cordovan.

Last edited:

RemyMichel

Reaction score
Hi Mate this is 100% calf. I own few pairs of shell cordovan and I can see difference between calf and cordovan form miles.
And Shell Cordovan Vintage Florsheim Imperial is a "long Wing" not a wingtip (this pair is wingtip).
How can you tell this without seeing the sides of the shoe?

Would be great to know

Last edited:

apple3210

Reaction score
hey guys, would any of you might be interested in buying some rarely worn tan brogue carmina's in the rain last?

bought some recently and foolishy the width is not suitable for me and i'm not sure if it will stretch with wear.

They are a UK 8

EDIT: or i may consider going to a cobbler and getting it stretched in width. anyone had experience with this?

Last edited:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I grabbed the last size 40 suit, a mid-grey with a white windowpane.

Nice pickup - I tried that on this morning and for a brief moment considered buying it however there was something with the shape or size of the peak lapels on my frame that made me think twice about it. I was surprised by how soft the shoulders were - very little padding at all.

Thanks for leaving it for me:)

I don't mind the peaked lapels as something a bit different. Shoulders are always impossible for me in RTW, and this was pretty close. Otherwise the jacket is just about a perfect fit for me, and won't need any alterations. That added to the attraction of the sale price for me.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Melbourne members can you recomend a good (cheap) eat in the city for dinner. Wife is there for work and would like to find a decent meal without breaking the bank.

Jimbosaurus

Reaction score

Melbourne members can you recomend a good (cheap) eat in the city for dinner. Wife is there for work and would like to find a decent meal without breaking the bank.

+39 on Little Bourke near hardware lane do a great pizza or pasta if you're for italian food. It's not shanghai dumplings cheap but it's certainly not fine dining either (unless you get the lobster and cavier pizza they serve)

Honestly the place I eat dinner at in the city most often is Mrs Parmas because I love the local beer options.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're not shell. Sorry for the hassle you're going to endure now mate!

As for Melbourne dining options, there are so many. I'd second +39 on Little Bourke, as well.

Hu Tong on Market Ln is delicious, except that the price can add up because although dumplings don't cost much, you end up ordering more. Movida Next Door is nice, but the ordering too much can become an issue. Unfortunately, if she's dining alone, tapas or shared plates can be complicated, though I've seen many an Anglo-Saxan diner at Asian restaurants eating from a whole plate, though the food is ideally meant to be shared.

Waiter's Club makes a mean pasta, though the decor isn't the best.

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+39 on Little Bourke near hardware lane do a great pizza or pasta if you're for italian food. It's not shanghai dumplings cheap but it's certainly not fine dining either (unless you get the lobster and cavier pizza they serve)
Honestly the place I eat dinner at in the city most often is Mrs Parmas because I love the local beer options.

As for Melbourne dining options, there are so many. I'd second +39 on Little Bourke, as well.
Hu Tong on Market Ln is delicious, except that the price can add up because although dumplings don't cost much, you end up ordering more. Movida Next Door is nice, but the ordering too much can become an issue. Unfortunately, if she's dining alone, tapas or shared plates can be complicated, though I've seen many an Anglo-Saxan diner at Asian restaurants eating from a whole plate, though the food is ideally meant to be shared.
Waiter's Club makes a mean pasta, though the decor isn't the best.

+39 - mentioned here and on Tumblr this morning... coincidence?

http://theasmontichronicles.tumblr.com/post/23111764083/a-me

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha, wow - pure coincidence on my end. I went there last November and enjoyed it. Hadn't heard of the Asmonti Chronicles until just now.

fox81

Reaction score

shanghai street dumplings just down from +39 does some great xiao long bao.

grossi cellar bar is my go to for a decent cheap eat. dont go to pellegrinis

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/71/1592... dress/Maccaroni-Trattoria-Italiana-Melbourne

Is very cheap comparably. According to workmates, the risottos are highly recommended.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads