• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

tone76

Reaction score
I think we may have found an answer to the age old question of where us Aussie gents can source decent shoe trees without paying through the nose. Endless.com sell a whole stack of them, and charge either $10 for delivery for orders under $100, or free delivery for orders above $100. This translates to a pair of good quality cedar shoe trees for a maximum of around $30 each, based on 1 pair of shoe trees @ $19.95 + $10 delivery.

Last edited:

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ If I can I would thumb up your post about 382174329173 times. Probably buy a pair of suede loafers with the order as well.

Last edited:

tone76

Reaction score

^^ If I can I would thumb up your post about 382174329173 times. Probably buy a pair of suede loafers with the order as well.

I'm considering buying a pair of Sperry Topsiders to go with my shoe trees. After all, summer is coming up ...

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The endless shoe sizing chart is all sort of messed up though. 7.5US = 7UK = 39EU? Should be 8US = 7UK = 41EU.

__PG__

Reaction score

The suit is a mid grey pindot Caruso that I've had for about 3 years now. It has taken a beating and still looks good.

My Pediwear account shows the Knightsbridges were ordered on 03/01/2009 so that makes them 2 1/2 years old. Haven't really done anything special to them re shoe care. Initially used Colonil cream all over the shoe and Kiwi polish on the toes and heels. Now use Saphir creams and polishes. The other week I sat down and used a darker polish on the toe hence the difference to the rest of the shoe. Took me about an hour to lay down 7 or 8 coats of polish.
Ok I've got a ball coming up so I might spend some time getting my Loake Aldwychs as shiny as possible. What is the process for putting multiple layers of polish? Do you polish in... then buff off...and repeat 7 times? Do you use drops of water in between each application?

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys a quick update as to how things are travelling since a few weeks ago. My initial release is in the works and I'll have 11 styles all due to arrive early December now a little earlier than planned. 7 x classic construction and 4 x 7 folds, all handmade. I'm still not planning on going live any earlier than March at this stage due to seasonal release (Autumn/Winter) but will certainly be happy to do pre sales for any interested.

The website is up with a holding page for now (see my sig below), the online store will be set up with paypal when ready.

For any mods who may read this and in the interests of full disclosure, I sent you guys an enquiry about 6 weeks ago about an affiliate type deal for the Aussie members thread and am yet to hear back, perhaps if someone reads this they can look in to it.

Finally a sneak peak for you, here is one of the first collections fabrics, in a wool plaid. Bit warm for December yes, but may make a good xmas present or an early purchase for Autumn. This one will be classic construction at $79.95 AUD. Oh, and all will be 3.25 inches wide and 59 inches long.

Regards
Jason

Last edited:

Oleg

Reaction score

Guys a quick update as to how things are travelling since a few weeks ago. My initial release is in the works and I'll have 11 styles all due to arrive early December now a little earlier than planned. 7 x classic construction and 4 x 7 folds, all handmade. I'm still not planning on going live any earlier than March at this stage due to seasonal release (Autumn/Winter) but will certainly be happy to do pre sales for any interested.
The website is up with a holding page for now (see my sig below), the online store will be set up with paypal when ready.
For any mods who may read this and in the interests of full disclosure, I sent you guys an enquiry about 6 weeks ago about an affiliate type deal for the Aussie members thread and am yet to hear back, perhaps if someone reads this they can look in to it.
Finally a sneak peak for you, here is one of the first collections fabrics, in a wool plaid. Bit warm for December yes, but may make a good xmas present or an early purchase for Autumn. This one will be classic construction at $79.95 AUD. Oh, and all will be 3.25 inches wide and 59 inches long.
Regards
Jason

You mentioned this to me in Canberra some time ago. I'm impressed you're making a pipe dream actually happen - well done.

Dicko

Reaction score

I'm considering buying a pair of Sperry Topsiders to go with my shoe trees. After all, summer is coming up ...

I did this exact thing last week. :slayer:
fastest shipping from US of any purchase Ive ever experienced too.

MickyD

Reaction score

I think we may have found an answer to the age old question of where us Aussie gents can source decent shoe trees without paying through the nose. Endless.com sell a whole stack of them, and charge either $10 for delivery for orders under $100, or free delivery for orders above $100. This translates to a pair of good quality cedar shoe trees for a maximum of around $30 each, based on 1 pair of shoe trees @ $19.95 + $10 delivery.

Hadn't seen that site before.... could be quite damaging to the wallet :)

tone76

Reaction score

Ooh nice ... can't wait to see more from the collection. Best of luck with it!

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers guys, it's amazing how many little things you don't think about when starting up a business but I'm ticking them all off one by one. I'll keep putting up a few little teasers every now and then, don't want to give everything away all at once though!

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Quote:
No buffing. Put a light coat of polish on, then with the same rag dip into a little water and 'cut' the polish back. Repeat this two step process about 6/7 times then leave over night after the last 'cut'. Buff the next day.

Dicko

Reaction score
Bought a second pair of RM crafstman. this time in black for wear with a suit. can't wait till they arrive!!! (bought at aussiebushhats $302 shipped). :slayer: :happy:
bought 9G as my chesnut boots in 9F are still too tight. got some large shoe trees into them and they have stretched out a bit. They are OK but after an hour or so of being in them as my feet swell they become tight :embar:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads