• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Papa looking great there my friend...

For anyone interested, part 1 (printed neats) of the SS collection has just been uploaded. A preview below

SHOP HERE
This season I've taken inspiration from the areas and rivers around the Monaro and Snowy Mountain regions and all of the ties are named after a place that I spend any spare time I have fly fishing. This one is the Brindabella, a nearby mountain region that I fish almost weekly. Part 2 (woven silks/repps) will be released in the coming days and then part 3 (knit ties) and part 4 (cotton/linen ties) will both be released in the next 1-2 weeks.

Click images for full size

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Woah thanks guys! I'll endeavor to post more fits if I get feedback like this!

Joiji is right; they are Meermin's on their Ben last. But a burgundy calf.

I wish I could justify the Carmina Ruby shell. Petepan, is the Simpson last quite narrow? I found the Ben last fits snug but not super duper tight.

Cheers all.

Awesome digs, however where were you a week ago when I was tossing up between shell or calf!!

Pink Socks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Papa looking great there my friend...

For anyone interested, part 1 (printed neats) of the SS collection has just been uploaded. A preview below

SHOP HERE
This season I've taken inspiration from the areas and rivers around the Monaro and Snowy Mountain regions and all of the ties are named after a place that I spend any spare time I have fly fishing. This one is the Brindabella, a nearby mountain region that I fish almost weekly. Part 2 (woven silks/repps) will be released in the coming days and then part 3 (knit ties) and part 4 (cotton/linen ties) will both be released in the next 1-2 weeks.

Click images for full size

Very nice Jason. Very nice.

EDIT: Just checked out the others online. Beautiful. Did you name them after places you like to fish? Like the personal touch.

Am seriously think we Melbourne Members should start a tie co-op...I cannot really justify buying anymore..one of these might make a great Christmas present (or me and others).

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On another note - Hair product. I'm finding that Brylcreem is doing a pretty good job for me at the moment, but wouldn't mind trying something else. I think what I'm looking for is a mousse. Any recommendations?

Obviously this will depend on your hair type. If you're using Brylcreem, I suspect you have thick hair (i.e. wide shafts).

I have extremely fine (i.e. thin shafts) hair which needs something to stiffen it up a bit and add body. I use KMS Hairplay "molding paste". Finger scrunch into a style, then use a bit of hairspray to hold the shape. That lasts all of five minutes and then it just goes lank and flat again.

This was more important to me back in the day. Nowadays I don't really give much of a **** what my hair looks like. Most days I don't bother with the above routine.

lukejackson

Reaction score
Obviously this will depend on your hair type. If you're using Brylcreem, I suspect you have thick hair (i.e. wide shafts).

I have extremely fine (i.e. thin shafts) hair which needs something to stiffen it up a bit and add body. I use KMS Hairplay "molding paste". Finger scrunch into a style, then use a bit of hairspray to hold the shape. That lasts all of five minutes and then it just goes lank and flat again.

This was more important to me back in the day. Nowadays I don't really give much of a **** what my hair looks like. Most days I don't bother with the above routine.

From what I've tried, I go with this -

Short hair - American Fibre
Medium length - Bada Bing Pomade (but I've gone off this now as it get's a bit greasy, though not as bad as brylcreem)
Longer length - Lay-rite pomade

I also use brylcreem if my hair is dry.

If you have a good barber ask their opinion. I prefer pomades so you my opinion may not be helpful to you.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very nice Jason. Very nice.

EDIT: Just checked out the others online. Beautiful. Did you name them after places you like to fish? Like the personal touch.

Am seriously think we Melbourne Members should start a tie co-op...I cannot really justify buying anymore..one of these might make a great Christmas present (or me and others).

Thanks mate. Yes all of the ties are named after places (or rivers) I fish regularly. I've actually just come back from 3 nights at Lake Crackenback for our wedding anniversary (and co-incidentally opening of the trout season in NSW). Fishing was hard and the water high and cold with the snow melt and this is the only one that came to the net in 3 days.

fxh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have extremely fine (i.e. thin shafts) hair which needs something to stiffen it up a bit and add body. I use KMS Hairplay "molding paste". Finger scrunch into a style, then use a bit of hairspray to hold the shape. That lasts all of five minutes and then it just goes lank and flat

Just for the record.

I have a thick shaft that doesn't require anything to keep it stiff.

DartagnanRed

Reaction score
Just for the record.

I have a thick shaft that doesn't require anything to keep it stiff.
You didn't address this part though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxsackie

...lasts all of five minutes and then it just goes lank and flat again.

This was more important to me back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads