• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score
Than
CEP - That looks lovely.

Speaking of winterwear, a heads-up for Brisbanites - Richards & Richards, on the corner of Edward and Elizabeth Streets in the City, is having a "liquidation sale", although I've been reassured that they are simply liquidating stock, rather than going in to liquidation themselves.

The sale presents an excellent opportunity to snare some bargains, and when I went there at the end of last week, I picked up a gorgeous, double-breasted Isaia overcoat for one-third of the original price. I'll probably only get to wear it a few times a year, but at the price they were charging and the way that it felt when I put it on, I simply couldn't pass it up.

There are also some nice Borrelli shirts on sale, as well as shirts from other brands such as Antichi Telai (quite good quality, albeit not Borrelli standard) and Bisse (good department-store quality, nothing remarkable) and Richards & Richards house label (pretty much the same).

There are also lots of Borrelli ties on sale for $95 each, including some nice, summery prints, and their shoes are on sale, including footwear by Borrelli, Sutor Mantellasi and Silvano Lattanzi. The latter includes a pair of burnished, antiqued wholecuts with a hand-coloured outline of male genitalia emblazoned on the side, something that you certainly don't see every day.
Thanks for the R & R heads up JM.

Off memory what were the Sutor Mantellassi reduced to roughly? Not the Schlong ones though : )

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have some Andy Toms ... the guy who started it is the brother of the James in Owen and James. He is currently in Florence hence why no reply.

They are about 90% as good as Tod's in terms of finish and materials but only 40% of the cost. Unlike the other cheap driving shoes out there, these are made in Italy by ex-Tods workers.

Also the nipple sole on the ones out of China wear out extremely quickly vs the italian ones. Differnet rubber compounds.

Either way,  no driving shoe will last forever, they are for comfort/leisure and not walking 4km per day. But for $199 who cares??

Thanks for the heads-up. Frustratingly, when I emailed, there was a sale on, it now seems to be over :(

The last pair I bought have the block rubber soles, and they have held up very nicely over about two years, although the suede itself isn't that nice and the shape is a bit ugly.

Have you worn the Toms yourself? I see that the O&J webstore carries a pair in camo. The price is definitely right at $199, so long as I'm not going to destroy them!

Wear without care, as a certain Mr Wong likes to say? ;-)

I do agree that sometimes a person just has to decide what they want and then go for it. Everything has a downside, a potential trade-off, whether it be price, comfort, appearance or something else. If a person likes the look of driving mocs, then they've just got to accept that driving mocs are probably not going to be as long-lived as a pair of hiking boots, for example. If they can accept that, then buy a pair and enjoy wearing them. If they can't, then choose something else!

A certain Mr Wong seems to have unlimited cash to spend on clothing, however. My budget is a little more limited. I can happily spend $200 on shoes that will last me a couple of years, but not if they'll only last me a couple of months!

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So due to the change in voting rules I'll get to vote in the upcoming Labor election.

No question who I'm voting for.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Camel hair shawl collar cardi arrived from Drakes today in record time (only ordered on Friday afternoon).

Great fit and quality of workmanship. Definitely worth (for me) pulling the trigger.

Only suitable for winter, and the colder days of the shoulder seasons. Good for Melbournians.

Recommend that most 38s size up to 40, which in Drakes sizing, is S.

Some quick pics:

http://imageshack.com/i/31yaj0j

http://imageshack.com/i/14h8etj

First pic is the truer shade.

Just in time for summer :)

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Than
Thanks for the R & R heads up JM.

Off memory what were the Sutor Mantellassi reduced to roughly? Not the Schlong ones though : )

DB, here's a list of some of the sale prices:

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/99af464d4eaa16793a3ecdc60/images/Sep13_Sale_Text.jpg

The Sutor Mantelassi and Borrelli shoes were marked down to $295, which is utterly, absurdly cheap, but I don't think that they had many of them left. Still definitely worthwhile popping in for a look, though.

The Silvano Lattanzi schlong shoes were still quite expensive, at $1495 (marked down from an sphincter-puckering $5500).

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just in time for summer :)

You got it, CD.

Jokes aside though, this is the frustration: Get it now and I can't wear it much. Wait till Autumn comes round again, and it's highly likely, my size will be gone.

First World problems

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You got it, CD.

Jokes aside though, this is the fruatration: Get it now and I can't wear it much. Wait till Autumn comes round again, and it's highly likely, my size will be gone.

First World problems

Still, it's a fantastic cardigan and you did well to get it. Thanks for posting about the sizing as well.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Quote:

Very nice! I think you carry it off well - I was going to say impeccable, but who wants and needs impeccable when looking great and comfortable is what you need.
This is basically the look I go for - but with chukkas, chelseas or brogues. If it wasn't for the fact that my similar-looking shirt is hanging at home, I might have thought I had left it lying around and you picked it up!

I am a big fan of green and brown jackets. I have 2 green tweed jackets, a 2 button green herringbone, and a 3 button overcheck (light green, purple lines) jacket - which sounds bizarre but works.

Thank you for the compliment. Wear your jackets in good health!

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You got it, CD.

Jokes aside though, this is the fruatration: Get it now and I can't wear it much. Wait till Autumn comes round again, and it's highly likely, my size will be gone.

First World problems

A knit like that is a good excuse for a trip to the snowies is isn't it? Sitting in front of a fire with a glass of red and some smoked trout.

Which reminds me I've got 3 nights in crackenback coming up with the family in 3 weeks....

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A knit like that is a good excuse for a trip to the snowies is isn't it? Sitting in front of a fire with a glass of red and some smoked trout.

Which reminds me I've got 3 nights in crackenback coming up with the family in 3 weeks....

Sounds like the life, Jase (-:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads