• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it was mentioned today or not but the MJ bale mid season sale is up.

Also anyone here have the 'Armidale Navy Weave' Bale suit and can comment on the colour? Is it dark navy, eg the sort of navy that can look almost black?

coxaca

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Rhodes & Beckett also have some kind of sale going on.

I'm all done with purchases now though. Damn TF suit has paupered me.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if it was mentioned today or not but the MJ bale mid season sale is up.

Also anyone here have the 'Armidale Navy Weave' Bale suit and can comment on the colour? Is it dark navy, eg the sort of navy that can look almost black?

I have it, its a pinch darker than french navy. It's my favourite suit.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have it, its a pinch darker than french navy. It's my favourite suit.

Cheers for the reply, that sounds dark enough. Im just trying to justify if its varied enough from the saunders weave to warrant a purchase.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cheers for the reply, that sounds dark enough. Im just trying to justify if its varied enough from the saunders weave to warrant a purchase.

If you already have the saunders and are after another navy I'd personally go the innerell (a lighter navy) or tumut (nailhead) for variety.

Last edited:

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you already have the saunders and are after another navy I'd personally go the inverell (a lighter navy) or tumut (nailhead) for variety.

My decision making would be a lot easier if you just agreed with me on the Armidale :p Nah,cheers for the feedback, I hadn't looked at the Innervell before it could be a goer. I like the tumut but out of my size at the moment. Oh well those are non sale items anyway will wait till Wednesday and see what R&B have.

ovlov

Reaction score
DB, here's a list of some of the sale prices:

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/99af464d4eaa16793a3ecdc60/images/Sep13_Sale_Text.jpg

The Sutor Mantelassi and Borrelli shoes were marked down to $295, which is utterly, absurdly cheap, but I don't think that they had many of them left. Still definitely worthwhile popping in for a look, though.

The Silvano Lattanzi schlong shoes were still quite expensive, at $1495 (marked down from an sphincter-puckering $5500).

Jesus those prices seem quite ridiculous. I that all stock? Anyone dropping in there personally able to check if they have any passable business shoes in a 10.5F? or long black belts? or any solid color ties?

ok maybe that's a bit much but decent sub $300 shoes are desperately needed.

Dusty Brogues

Reaction score

DB, here's a list of some of the sale prices:

http://gallery.mailchimp.com/99af464d4eaa16793a3ecdc60/images/Sep13_Sale_Text.jpg

The Sutor Mantelassi and Borrelli shoes were marked down to $295, which is utterly, absurdly cheap, but I don't think that they had many of them left. Still definitely worthwhile popping in for a look, though.

The Silvano Lattanzi schlong shoes were still quite expensive, at $1495 (marked down from an sphincter-puckering $5500).

Whoa great prices to be had! Any idea if they had a pair of single monk norvergese in dark brown in 9.5 uk : )

Might have to head in!

streetminimal

Reaction score
rain rain go away

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Its very dark imo

Looks English navy but not midnight blue... I find for everyday it's an extremely hard colour to wear in our sunlight as it's so dark.

smeggett

Reaction score
It's definitely the quick or the dead sometimes!

Got an email from MJ Bale this morining about their discounted range / spring sale and clicked through. Saw teh Tobias jacket in tobacco for an easy $100 and in the time I pondered what I might wear it with the samned thing was sold out of my size!

That'll teach me to hesitate in the future! For that price I should have bought first and then pondered / bought something else to wear with it and I'd have still been ahead...

Prince of Paisley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks English navy but not midnight blue... I find for everyday it's an extremely hard colour to wear in our sunlight as it's so dark.
I agree, and interesting comment about the Australian light. It certainly does make that darker blue stand out (and shine) even more - like when you used to turn up the contrast knob on an old TV. It could be the basis of fxh's next post-doctoral thesis.

On MJ Bale and blue suits, I had a look at their latest Collection MIJ line and by my reckoning they have slimmed the block slightly. The Itoh, Kenzan and Kato are all very nice suits (the Senji wasn't in store).

Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Jesus those prices seem quite ridiculous. I that all stock? Anyone dropping in there personally able to check if they have any passable business shoes in a 10.5F? or long black belts? or any solid color ties?

ok maybe that's a bit much but decent sub $300 shoes are desperately needed.

Ovlov, I'm pretty sure that all of the Sutor Mantelassi shoes were in a regular width fitting, so there wouldn't be any "F" width (or "EE" or whatever they might be referred to as in Europe) fittings.

There were quite a few belts for sale, but most of them that I saw were either brown, or they were a combination of cloth and leather, with the majority being cloth or webbing, and the two ends being leather (crocodile leather, in fact).

There may have been some solid colour Borrelli ties for $95. I'll see if I can wander over at lunchtime today to have a look.

Whoa great prices to be had! Any idea if they had a pair of single monk norvergese in dark brown in 9.5 uk : )

Might have to head in!

DB, I think that they used to have a pair of suede single monks by Sutor Mantelassi, but I'm not sure if they still do, and nor am I sure of the size.

If I do wander over to R&R today, I'll check to see what shoes they still have in stock and will let you know.

Unfortunately, stocks of shoes were fairly low at R&R before the sale even started, as they seemed to be letting their stock of Sutor Mantelassi and Borrelli shoes run down due to natural attrition, as they weren't ordering new models to replace the ones that were sold.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads