• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just noticed that Sportscraft of all people now carry Red Wing boots but the sizing is in UK http://www.sportscraft.com.au/Red-Wing-6"-Boot/9344961317250,default,pd.html

But they only carry them to a size 7 WTF?

GF, that's interesting.

As you say, though, the sizing is very odd and I suspect it might be wrong, as they list sizes as running from 36 to 41. If that's European sizing, then a 36 is basically a children's shoe - it would be equivalent to a UK 3.5 or 4.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can never buy a shoe brand which acronyms to Child Appreciation.

Sorry, just can't do it.

It just doesn't feel right supporting the CP trade. Telling people to check out my new CP would be met with extremely raised eyebrows.

discussing child Appreciation is considered disseminating it. guilty as charged, paparubbery.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

discussing child Appreciation is considered disseminating it. guilty as charged, paparubbery.

So wearing CP is the same or is that foot fetishism?

Hope all Fathers in the Oz thread are having an enjoyable laid back day. Anyone score anything sartorial? I still have a pair socks with my name on them I got many years ago. :D

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just noticed that Sportscraft of all people now carry Red Wing boots but the sizing is in UK http://www.sportscraft.com.au/Red-Wing-6"-Boot/9344961317250,default,pd.html

But they only carry them to a size 7 WTF?

How odd.

And an odd choice of model, too. Crepe soles are not popular here.

Surely an Iron Ranger would've been a much better choice.

Speaking of which, they are available for a very decent price at the moment direct from the Aus site:

http://www.redwingshoes.com.au/heritage-lifestyle,5/

You can go try them on down in Richmond.

Last edited:

iSurg

Reaction score
Just visited leffot and nothing fits. I'm conflicted but pretty happy that I did not have to drop cash on something. Picked up the cordovan strap though.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would someone like to buy a pair of Herringbone chinos? Size 30, tan/beige colour, cotton twill. They're the same ones that are in store at the moment for $300, yours for $120. I bought them and never wore them, my loss is your gain.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kangaroo hey, interesting bit of history, clearly kangaroos don't make good shoes as it doesn't appear to have taken off.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kangaroo hey, interesting bit of history, clearly kangaroos don't make good shoes as it doesn't appear to have taken off.

I think it had to do with post war leather shortages. I'd get kangaroo if I had to get another pair of brown craftsman, but its too grainy for conservative business dress.

kayhill

Reaction score

They make fantastic shoes ... for football boots. Really supple and strong, but as Oli said, aesthetically they might be too grainy for some peoples' tastes.

Henry Carter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So wearing CP is the same or is that foot fetishism?

Hope all Fathers in the Oz thread are having an enjoyable laid back day. Anyone score anything sartorial? I still have a pair socks with my name on them I got many years ago. :D

Nope but I got a new swag which is even better and had a big lunch all arvo out at the family farm. Ate and drunk heaps....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads