• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Are you also doing odd jackets and trousers Romp?

Yup to both!

Soft shoulder, patch pockets, side adjusters, pleats etc all possible

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hope it all goes well, keen to hear what you guys come up with

It was productive, but hardly re-wrote any rules.

Simple navy cloth, super 120 (I think, might have been 100).

That's about it. I'm not a stickler for extreme details, so I didn't specify particular cuff width or lapel length or anything persnickety.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be a pest - having a sporadic trip to Sydney tomorrow - can anyone tell me a few places where I can get sized up for a pair of loakes?

fox81

Reaction score

Yes and to be fair we havent officially launched it yet .. The webpage is temporary

thanks, ive gone and read the old posts.

any more insight into the construction of the suits? still full canvas, even if made in thailand?

tayl0r

Reaction score
I am selling a brand new moncler gerard vest which I purchased to wear under my jackets. Unfortunately it is slightly to big for me.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

thanks, ive gone and read the old posts.

any more insight into the construction of the suits? still full canvas, even if made in thailand?

Fused, half and full canvas are available. From $750, $850 and $975 respectively and helps meet most peoples needs. While im not expecting the average style forum member would want to consider a fused option, Im actually wearing my fused suit today... While i prefer the lapel roll on the canvassed options, its advantage is that its extremely lightweight and still has great shape and drape

One we get the first months fittings done ill get some photos loaded

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mine ended up being fused, but like, I probably can't tell the difference, and it's an occasional item, so I assume that's totally cool.

aussiejake

Reaction score
Fused, half and full canvas are available. From $750, $850 and $975 respectively and helps meet most peoples needs. While im not expecting the average style forum member would want to consider a fused option, Im actually wearing my fused suit today... While i prefer the lapel roll on the canvassed options, its advantage is that its extremely lightweight and still has great shape and drape
Full canvas from $975 is great. Any estimates on costs of extra pair of pants?

Also, this is a broader question to anyone, is there any advantages of half canvas over full canvas?

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mine ended up being fused, but like, I probably can't tell the difference, and it's an occasional item, so I assume that's totally cool.

I was a skeptic until patrick gave me this one

Full canvas from $975 is great. Any estimates on costs of extra pair of pants?

Also, this is a broader question to anyone, is there any advantages of half canvas over full canvas?

Pants individually i think are 295 but will confirm when i get home

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fair warning: this is SW&D related...
I took my new Noir 001 Stonewashed jeans (Up There Store's house brand) out to Walwa this weekend to break them in. I'm extremely happy with them, and they finally ended my quest for some quality selfedge, washed denim in a slim straight fit to wear when I am out in the country.

When I decided to order a pair, the guys from Up There Store simply sent a pair of their standard indigo raw 001 denim over to their Melbourne based stonewasher, which I thought was kind of cool. They came back a few days later.Thus they come with all the standard raw denim features. The fabric is really interesting to look at - the heathered stonewashing has a lot of interesting folds/creasemarks in the colour. They are a really vivid shade of blue, much more vivid than a standard stonewash. The colour doesn't come out as much in the pictures since these were taken in overcast conditions. They are just taken with an iPad and really don't do them justice.

Anyway, this is all a long winded way of saying that they do indeed stand out from a pair of Levis 501s, which is something I was kinda worried about. I never thought I'd wax lyrical about a pair of stonewashed denim, but these are really nice. They even garnered a few compliments from the fam, which is kinda rare for stonewashed denim I imagine.

Not sure I would've bought them at full retail (that's more to do with my general dislike of paying a lot for denim than anything else), but I had a $225 gift certificate that I hadn't used in 2 years, so I figured this was a good time to finally get some use out of it.

They are 15.5 oz, so not exactly a light summer weight, but they feel a hell of a lot lighter and more breatheable, even, than raw denim. Might get them hemmed once Up There Store gets their chain stitching machine game in order.

Anyway, it's good to see an Australian store turning out some quality product.

http://www.uptherestore.com/brand/noir

Last edited:

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd be interested in this, though I do need to wait until I get a new job.

Yes as a Government contractor I have gone from the endangered species list to extinction if the current climate is maintained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VerisertPoseery