• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Hey guys - quick alert for all.
2-TIMES in Melbourne just sent out an email to its members, announcing a 50% sale on all A/W12 stock (including Raf & Margiela)

I've shopped with them recently - and there is free express shipping in Australia. Enjoy :)

Code - MF2X50
https://www.2-times.com/shop/mens?filters=tid:20 tid:162
never seen this guy and then saw that he only ever posts about 2-times.... Lol

CHECKstar

Reaction score
I recently had a pair of crockett and jones resoled by McClouds here in Melbourne. There havent been too many reports of people getting a goodyear welt resole, so I took some before and after shots for everyone.
Before:

After:

Overall, im happy with the job. There were one or two things where the finishing wasnt spot on, but the iphone doesnt do macro so well so i cant show you. i also had a photo of the inside of the shoe to show no visible stitching (proving the resoled it properly for a goodyear welt) but its not so pleasant with a sweaty inprint of my foot. The price was $130, which admittedly wasnt cheap but im satisfied all round.

From afar they don't look too bad at all Fox, but it would have been nice if they could have replicated the C&J style heal. Did they mention or discuss what type of last they used to resole the shoe? Sebastian (I think?) at American Tailors mentioned to me that he once had a shoe resoled here in Australia and because they didn't have the original last, the shape went out of whack, which doesn't seem to be the case with your pair.

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
From afar they don't look too bad at all Fox, but it would have been nice if they could have replicated the C&J style heal. Did they mention or discuss what type of last they used to resole the shoe? Sebastian (I think?) at American Tailors mentioned to me that he once had a shoe resoled here in Australia and because they didn't have the original last, the shape went out of whack, which doesn't seem to be the case with your pair.
id add steel toe caps as you look to be a toe roller too

fox81

Reaction score

the dovetail heel was an option. an extra $35 so i passed. no i didnt ask about the last, but as it wasnt on the last for too long (the turn around on the shoes was only a few days) i didnt think it wouldnt have a lasting (no pun) impact.

iSurg

Reaction score
For anyone looking for great holiday music, I just downloaded the holiday album from http://www.themusicbed.com/
A bit of background, the majority of wedding videographers worldwide tend to source their indie music tracks from them, and the music is great (a hidden gem, imo). My particular favourite tracks at the moment include stuff from Saints of Valory (Kids, and My Army) and Trent + Amy (Love you good).

Anyone else getting into the holiday season and the inevitable shopping that goes with it?

lennier

Reaction score
You've got to laugh at the users with brand new accounts 'casually' mentioning in their first few posts, completely without context, the wonderful offers they happen to have come across that they thought they should share with us. Do such people really think these clumsy marketing efforts will help promote their websites rather than put people off?

Last edited:

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You've got to laugh at the users with brand new accounts 'casually' mentioning in their first few posts, completely without context, the wonderful offers they happen to have come across that they thought they should share with us. Do such people really think these clumsy marketing efforts will help promote their websites rather than put people off?

Clumsy sounds about right.

iSurg

Reaction score
I'm in no way affliliated with the music bed

...and their stuff is free...

iSurg

Reaction score
Couldn't resist posting this.

Versace 2013 (right) - "gladiator style"
Can't believe how absurd this is...

Last edited:

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Also, don't quote spammers cause these posts will stay after they're gone. Just use the report button and get rid of them that way.

sliq

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It was a bit too "Boss Hunting" for my tastes; I don't like the idea that simply owning a squillion dollar IWC watch and a Lambo is somehow tasteful.

what?! you don't own a squillion dollar IWC and a Lambo? shame on you.

cos i don't either.

thebrownman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I didn't like this:  (Video by The Versatile Gent).

It was a bit too "Boss Hunting" for my tastes; I don't like the idea that simply owning a squillion dollar IWC watch and a Lambo is somehow tasteful.

It just looks ****. As opposed to this:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads