• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ryanohare

Reaction score
Speaking of sales-before-eBay...

I've got about 3-4 SuitSupply suits in various colours in size 40R that I'd happily give away for $150AUD.

All top quality condition, hardly ever worn, and not a blemish on them. If anyone's interested, then PM me and I'll share some pics and deets, etc.

Thanks.

Would prefer pick-up in Melbourne too, but can organise postage anywhere in Aus if needed.

deadbilly

Reaction score
I'm also interested in @aussiejake 's leather foot wrappings.
Grand sale - as Mr Cozzo would say, but after a failed ebay campaign in my case. An Epaulet New York (forum affiliate) large (or large medium/IT52) grey Italian merino v-neck jumper in exchange for a 6 pack of stout or porter (pref. Victorian, esp. pref Australian - if it's way over $20 make it a 4 pack). Pickup at my convenience from Preston, Melbourne. Regent Cellars had a recent facebook post claiming a mixed 6 bottles of stout will get a 25% discount, just a hint. Some pics (incl. of the existant pilling) should be available from my failed ebay ad https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/232752744502 . Contact me if interested.

aussiejake

Reaction score
Sorry all, on pretty limited internet at the moment.

Updated details:
  1. Vass Longwing High Boots (near new) - 40.5G - AUD 525 - Photos 1 2 3 4 5
  2. John Lobb Chigwell in black calf (near new) - UK 7.5E - AUD 650 - Photos 1 2 3 4 5 6
  3. C&J for Ralph Lauren Tassel Loafers in brown shell cordovan - 8.5US - AUD 500 - Photos 1 2
  4. Carmina Norwegian Split Toe in brown suede (new) - UK 7.5 - AUD 300 - Photo
  5. Carmina Captoe Boots in black shell cordovan (perfect renovation job) - AUD 150 - Photo
  6. Loake 1880 Pimlico in dark brown suede - 7.5UK - AUD 130 - Photo
  7. Loake 1880 Aldwych captoe in brown calf - 7.5UK - AUD 130
  8. Loake 1880 Aldwych captoe in black calf - 7.5UK - AUD 115 - Photo

Last edited:

JayH

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am thinking of getting a bespoke suit sometime soon, and was just wondering if anyone has any experiences with the bespoke suits from thefineryco, in particular the Zing Chen ones? I am also travelling to Hong Kong soon, and was considering maybe getting a Ascot Chang bespoke suit there. Would love you hear everyone's opinions.
My recommendation is to speak with Joe at TFC.

hschrapel

Reaction score
Whilst we're on the topic of sales, I'm in the market of buying!

Anyone have any suits/blazers/sports coats in a 38R? Very interested to see what's out there

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whilst we're on the topic of sales, I'm in the market of buying!

Anyone have any suits/blazers/sports coats in a 38R? Very interested to see what's out there
Check out Ownly. They have a stack of Bogliolo SCs at ridiculous prices, with heaps of size 38. I just bought a NWT SC for $300 shipped.
https://ownly.shop/

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Check out Ownly. They have a stack of Bogliolo SCs at ridiculous prices, with heaps of size 38. I just bought a NWT SC for $300 shipped.
https://ownly.shop/
Apparently they run quite slim though, might be worth sizing up

I have an SC and a suit from them on the way.
Based on the measurements, it's worth sizing up on an SC but going with your usual size for suits.

I'll know whether I sized correctly once they arrive :)

boot_owl

Reaction score
Based on the measurements, it's worth sizing up on an SC but going with your usual size for suits.

I found that some of the suits looked like I might be able to size to normal in, some looked closer to the sized up SC. What sport coats did you get? I've got the Bordeaux plaid on the way

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friend recieved this little missive.

Dear

As a result of changes to Australian GST law, on 1 July 2018 Amazon’s international shopping options for Australian customers will change.

While we regret any inconvenience this may cause, from 1 July we will be redirecting Australian customers from our international Amazon sites to amazon.com.au where you can shop for products sold by Amazon US on the new Amazon Global Store, available today. We have taken this step to provide our customers with continued access to international selection and allow us to remain compliant with the law which requires us to collect and remit GST on products sold on Amazon sites that are shipped from overseas.

Amazon Global Store will allow Australian customers to shop on amazon.com.au for over four million items that were previously only accessible on amazon.com. This selection is in addition to the more than 60 million products that are already available on amazon.com.auacross 23 categories, including books, fashion, toys, and electronics.

To welcome you to amazon.com.au, and thank you for choosing to shop with us, we are offering you a $20 voucher to redeem against your next purchase on amazon.com.au of items sold and shipped by Amazon AU. Just include your unique promotional code below at checkout when purchasing eligible items (see full terms and conditions below).

Thank you for choosing to shop with Amazon.

smeggett

Reaction score

Hi GN - how much were you quoted for shipping (approx) for the SC and suit? I was about to pull the trigger on this, but USD50 seems a bit steep for standard shipping...

So much for trying to be impulsive :decisions:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads