1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendors, Mangue Lucy and Sons of Henrey We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendors, Mangue Lucy, an international design collaboration based in Milan that focuses on creating fine ready-to-wear, sourcing top-quality materials and working with exceptional production facilities in Italy to offer honest, modern, and quality casual-wear, and Sons of Henrey a contemporary footwear brand, committed to producing a shoe of timeless elegance, at exceptional value.

Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll get what this is all about.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Foxhound, Feb 10, 2016.

1. RKLan

RKLan Well-Known Member

Finally getting the hang of this shoe polishing thing.
    Also just in Melbourne for a bit, anything exciting happening or catch ups/drinks planned over next few days?

IMG_20180525_083810.jpg

IMG_20180525_083814.jpg

2. wurger

wurger Distinguished Member

Lol, they even have a pair of EG Galways made up, what can go wrong with $270 USD for 3 pairs of shoes when there is no description on the styles, lasts on the website, just Instagram pics and how to join.

3. boot_owl

boot_owl Senior Member

Wouldn't touch them with a 10 foot shoe horn.

4. smeggett

smeggett Senior Member

I think this says it all...
    shoe_club.JPG

I'm one of those people that think if you can't get the simple stuff correct then how can I trust you to do something more complex?

5. OctaviusLucien

OctaviusLucien Member

Completely seperate to this form I was looking up mullets to explain the haircut to my girlfriend (who growing up overseas didnt know mullets) and there was an article saying that a show from australia at pitti was going to feature the mullet.
    I wonder what the reaction to that must have been.

6. The Ernesto

The Ernesto Distinguished Member

7. markjdm

markjdm Member

Lol, hence my hesitation on the shoes and searching the forum didn't give any results so I assumed they are crap.

The idea has now been erased off my mind.

I'm heading off to Sydney this weekend, I was ideally looking for an oxford toe cap and maybe a brogued boot. Any other suggestions apart from Double Monk and Loake?

8. wurger

wurger Distinguished Member

9. Bravo Sierra

Bravo Sierra Senior Member

I know this isn't what you may be looking for, but given that these are Edward Greens and they are half price, I thought I would share with the rest of the members here as well:
    The online piece about the site
    Link to half price EG's

10. Contango

Contango Senior Member

MJ Bale sells Cheaney now too (and also what appear to be overpriced rebadged made-in-India Loakes), however I don’t know how the prices compare to either of those.

11. paddyo

paddyo Active Member Affiliate Vendor

The Made in India Loakes are great. Mine lasted 4 years (I ironically left them in a cab in India, they were still going strong). They were my most comfortable shoe as well. Of course, I might seem biased as some of you know I now work in India...

12. fxh

fxh Distinguished Member

Seems worth the price for the story - shoes returning home etc.......

13. mistermike

mistermike Member

Hi all - before I post on Ebay, I recently bought a pair of size UK10 Carmina Rain Chukka Boots in dark brown suede directly from Carmina. Sadly they are a half size too big for me. I have worn them only once. Willing to let them go for $400. Please PM me if interested. I am based in Sydney so happy to meet up or post. Cheers, Mike

14. AmayaTaiyou

AmayaTaiyou Member

Hi everyone, I am thinking of getting a bespoke suit sometime soon, and was just wondering if anyone has any experiences with the bespoke suits from thefineryco, in particular the Zing Chen ones? I am also travelling to Hong Kong soon, and was considering maybe getting a Ascot Chang bespoke suit there. Would love you hear everyone's opinions.

15. aussiejake

aussiejake Senior Member

UK 7.5/US 8.5 friends - clearance prices on some shoes I want gone. Message me for further details and photos.
    1. Vass Longwing High Boots (near new) - 40.5G - AUD 525 - Photos 1 2 3 4 5
    2. John Lobb Chigwell in black calf (near new) - UK 7.5E - AUD 650 - Photos 1 2 3 4 5 6
    3. C&J for Ralph Lauren Tassel Loafers in brown shell cordovan - 8.5US - AUD 500 - Photos 1 2
    4. Carmina Norwegian Split Toe in brown suede (new) - UK 7.5 - AUD 300 - Photo
    5. Carmina Captoe Boots in black shell cordovan (perfect renovation job) - AUD 150 - Photo
    6. Loake 1880 Pimlico in dark brown suede - 7.5UK - AUD 130 - Photo
    7. Loake 1880 Aldwych captoe in brown calf - 7.5UK - AUD 130
    8. Loake 1880 Aldwych captoe in black calf - 7.5UK - AUD 115 - Photo

Last edited: May 29, 2018