• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wild boars were the worst thing where I'm from and we would actively look for them since their kids are so cute...to BBQ.

FTFY

emptym

Reaction score
Yes, they're very chilled out spiders. We only destroyed them because of the young kids in the house. Still, there are a few thousand bites a year in NSW, generally when you stick your hand in the web without looking.
I think the Nevada equivalent are scorpions?
Wild boars were the worst thing where I'm from and we would actively look for them since their kids are so cute...
I don't think I ever saw a scorpion in or around my house in LV, but I had friends who lived on the edge of the desert who did. Strangely, I associate scorpions more with Far Side comics than with anything else.
I too opt for my hemp t-shirt on the hottest days.
Steve Calder. He recently had a brown half-lined jacket made in the fabric I am looking at.
I'm fan of Onno hemp t-shirts.

sensuki

Reaction score
I'm fan of Onno hemp t-shirts.

The one I have is Braintree Hemp. The fit is kinda weird but it's a loose fit and drapes really well.

Do you know if Onno will reply with measurements if I email them? I've tried that with Jungmaven but they have never replied to any emails or messages about the fit.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish to purchase a suit from SuitSupply.

1. How can I purchase an extra pair of trousers?
2. How do I know what size pants come with the suits?
3. I wear a size 42. What size would I be in whatever sizes SuitSupply has?

Regards

ndrew

Reaction score

Regards

Edit: ignore my crap, I've found the separates per @ryanohare's post below. :blush:

As far as I know, they don't sell separates so you can't get an extra pair of trousers with an OTR purchase. If you go MTM, there's an option to add a second pair of trousers.

Can't help with the other two questions unfortunately, and I'll be ecstatic if someone tells me that I am wrong about question 1. :D

Last edited:

ryanohare

Reaction score

2. How do I know what size pants come with the suits?
3. I wear a size 42. What size would I be in whatever sizes SuitSupply has?

Regards

Firstly, there's an affiliate SS thread on here with an active SS employee who answers questions like these on a daily basis. He's terrific, so fire them in that thread and you'll get better responses than the ones I'll attempt to give below.

1. Easily done I think. They do separates, so just double up on the pants.
2. The site tells you.
3. Same. Depends on the model though - again the site will tell you which fit is tightest to loosest. That said, from plentiful experience - there's little change in the pants irrespective of the model - and they're all fairly tight fitting. The Napoli (I think) has the loosest fitting pants if that's what you're after. Their service and returns policies are excellent though.

Decreased

Reaction score
Firstly, there's an affiliate SS thread on here with an active SS employee who answers questions like these on a daily basis. He's terrific, so fire them in that thread and you'll get better responses than the ones I'll attempt to give below.

1. Easily done I think. They do separates, so just double up on the pants.
2. The site tells you.
3. Same. Depends on the model though - again the site will tell you which fit is tightest to loosest. That said, from plentiful experience - there's little change in the pants irrespective of the model - and they're all fairly tight fitting. The Napoli (I think) has the loosest fitting pants if that's what you're after. Their service and returns policies are excellent though.

Ditto, ordered Recently and returned within minutes after seeing the colour.
Hoping it gets there and money is refunded etc.... but so far has been very easy

emptym

Reaction score
The one I have is Braintree Hemp. The fit is kinda weird but it's a loose fit and drapes really well.

Do you know if Onno will reply with measurements if I email them? I've tried that with Jungmaven but they have never replied to any emails or messages about the fit.
Not sure if they'd be able to let you know the measurements. I have a few shirts from them, and ones from different orders fit differently.

Terminator

Reaction score
Hi all,

I will be back in Aus with my family for 3 weeks in late Jan/early Feb. We will be mostly in my home town of Brisbane and its surrounds. We have been back once a year for the past few years so we are relatively up to date but are of course open to suggestions from the locals (@Journeyman ?) so we don't overlook anything.

We will also be doing a weekend in Melbourne without the bubba. It will be my first time there in the better part of 8 or so years and my Swiss wife's first time. Another couple will be joining us from Sydney. I am very open to recommendations. We are staying on Flinders Lane for convenience more than anything. Has anyone done one of the walking tours? Are they worth it? Is Chin Chin still worth a shout for one of our meals? Where else? (One of our friends from Sydney is particularly keen for Italian one night.) How about a good bar or two? What about coffee? I really miss my flat whites here in Zurich. My wife isn't a big shopping fan and even less so watching me shop so if I only check out a couple of shops which ones? I think someone mentioned a Cuccinelli outlet, is it worth it? Is it located where there are other things to see and do?

Many thanks, gents - much appreciated.

NJR

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads