• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DL5392

Reaction score
End Clothing (online) has some great knitwear, including brands such as Inverallen, Jamieson's of Shetland and Shetland Woollen Co.

End is particularly good value when they're having a sale, which they do fairly frequently.

Inverallen is probably Inis Meain pricing, but Shetland Woollen Co and Jamieson's are less expensive.

Inverallan: https://www.endclothing.com/au/brands/inverallan

Jamieson's: https://www.endclothing.com/au/brands/jamieson-s-of-shetland

Shetland Woollen Co.: https://www.endclothing.com/au/brands/shetland-woollen-co
thanks for your links man, appreciate it. I notice most of them are Shetland wool. I am not too experienced with this, having mostly bought merino wool. How does shetland feels? from the links, the Jamieson's one looks rough. Is it suitable to be worn under a suit or dressed up?Cheers

Markodevil

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a similar grey sweater with the deeper V like this one, but with a less brutal price tag?
Does not need to be the same material, just looking for style.
https://hespokestyle.com/product/grey-silk-cashmere-v-neck-sweater/
1642251450945.png

DL5392

Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts on MTM chinos with pleats? thinking of getting some chinos done to get the fit I'm after.
Has anyone had experience with Oscar Hunt's MTM chinos? Alternatively looking at Yeossal's offering as well if I can nail my measurements.
I am based in melb!

Scuppers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are everyone's thoughts on MTM chinos with pleats? thinking of getting some chinos done to get the fit I'm after.
Has anyone had experience with Oscar Hunt's MTM chinos? Alternatively looking at Yeossal's offering as well if I can nail my measurements.
I am based in melb!
I haven’t used Oscar Hunt for chinos, but they are reasonable good, generally.
For chinos I prefer reverse pleats, which by default requires them to be made. However, I use someone abroad (and will need too again, soon, if i don’t lose Covid waist).

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am based in melb!
Check out Bills M2P chino’s OTR made in USA designed on a 1940’s military patten they do a slimmer fit as well.

Luke95

Reaction score
Has anyone used Trunk Tailors before? Looking to invest in my first good suit next year and would love to hear some feedback. Any other suggestions/recommendations would also be great.
Have had 2 suits made by them and will be going back for a sports jacket next time they’re in Sydney. Differs from typical MTM (like your pjohnson’s) in that they do baste fittings and can adjust pretty well anything, similar to bespoke. Jack is a really knowledgeable guy and for the price, you can’t really go wrong so long as you’re into their style. Happy to answer any specific questions if needed!

Krebz

Reaction score
Hey guys super quick question, need to purchase my first suit within a 600-700AUD price range, any recommendations in this current day and age? Gotta get something versatile for a 24yo, any advice would be appreciated :)

boot_owl

Reaction score

click here

Reaction score
Found a good fitting 100% wool made in Scotland jumper. The only problem is the fit billows out a bit, I would like to take it in for a slimmer look. I was wondering is easy to alter a jumper?

Also any recommendations in the Sydney area for a good tailor that get alter a sweater and also shorten sleeves for a jacket?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads