• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

da(g)dstyle

Reaction score
Sacha, at the Sydney store, is equally as nice and informed as his Melbourne colleagues. Enjoy. Should you make a purchase please share, I do love shoe Appreciation!
Didn't buy anything but tried on some Dovers... They fit me so well I was extremely tempted...

eightace

Reaction score
Haven't seen a fitpic on this thread for a while.

Here's one I made recently:
IMG_20170526_215345.jpg

Last edited:

da(g)dstyle

Reaction score

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mr Tewkesbury

Reaction score
There is always next time.
I was told a few weeks ago by Tom that DM are putting together another EG trunk show for September. If you are indeed a Dover man this would be the perfect time to buy. MTO is a 20% premium (or is it 25 at EG, never pay attention), it is worth it to get the perfect fit on a last you might not of considered previously and all those wonderful leather options!
MTO is a wonderful experience, equally-so as bespoke.

Mr Tewkesbury

Reaction score
Curious, what fragrances are you chaps wearing?

My currently preferred are: Royal Oud by Creed; Sartorial by Penhaligons; Absinth by Nasomatto. Well for the darker months anyway. Though, I confess to liking the Comme des Garcons fragrances, too.
However, Floris and Penhaligons have summer wonderfully covered.

Last edited:

da(g)dstyle

Reaction score

Bravo Sierra

Reaction score
da(g)dstyle

Was looking at your blog and noticed the wet shaving article. If your serious about it pick up one of these http://www.mensbiz.com.au/feather-as-d2-all-stainless-steel-double-edge-razor.html

I've used both the EJ and MS but the D2 is the Rolls of shaving.

Saw one of these D2's on Gumtree once. Brand new and unused, with 200 Feather blades. Was an unwanted present and the guy wanted $200 (neg). Should've pulled the trigger.

I currently use the Merkur 38C (long handle). Does the job, though I'm still trying to find the blade that suits my mug.
Anyone used the PolSilver blades?

B.

Bravo Sierra

Reaction score
Interesting article on Exec Style today - 3D Printing your next OTS Blazer

It will be a (long) while before this replaces the bespoke experience that you get with a master tailor, but none the less, if/when they get the technology at a decent price point and at the right level of efficiency (and there is a long way to go) it may be an MTO offering for some of the higher end labels.

da(g)dstyle

Reaction score

It will be a (long) while before this replaces the bespoke experience that you get with a master tailor, but none the less, if/when they get the technology at a decent price point and at the right level of efficiency (and there is a long way to go) it may be an MTO offering for some of the higher end labels.
3d printing a shoe last would be an interesting idea...
In regards to the D2, I think massdrop was selling it for considerably less than 200.

Mr Tewkesbury

Reaction score

Weft printing, hmmm. How I'd love a nylon sports-jacket!

ryanohare

Reaction score
What's the address for Sam's tailors in Melbourne again? I've lost it since he left the docklands.

Cheers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads