• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Athleisure Wear Going Out Of Style?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Agreed.

Sex is the largest industry in the world by far, nothing else even comes close. Here's why:
Women buy makeup and clothes to be attractive to men, so those industries are sex driven.
Very few men buy super cars because they like to race. In fact most never race them. But they know it elevates their status and high value, high status men get the beautiful females.

The same can be said for much or most of our industry, real estate, yachts, jewelry, fitness, travel, dating, dating apps, Appreciation, Playboy or online alternatives and so many more.

So, sex in one way or another is the driving factor in most of peoples decisions and certainly men's.

And if hot women on Tick Tok say spandex is back in, get ready for a recycle of that horrible era.
I'm not sure where you are located, but at least in the Phoenix / Scottsdale area the athleisure era is still going.

Enfusia

Reaction score
I'm not sure where you are located, but at least in the Phoenix / Scottsdale area the athleisure era is still going.

Yes, here in Tampa too. I used to live in Phoenix for 1 year then Sedona for 6 years, so I'm familiar with the area.

Here and where you are I would say much of the dress is regulated by the areas climate.

But I still agree with the getting laid bit.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, here in Tampa too. I used to live in Phoenix for 1 year then Sedona for 6 years, so I'm familiar with the area.

Here and where you are I would say much of the dress is regulated by the areas climate.

But I still agree with the getting laid bit.
I’m in the Tampa area too. There aren’t many of us here. There used to be a Beatlejuice (no not Armando from Mexico, different spelling) but I don’t think he post any more.
Do you have a decent alterations tailor? The bloke I’ve been using is starting to take the piss with his pricing!

Enfusia

Reaction score
I’m in the Tampa area too. There aren’t many of us here. There used to be a Beatlejuice (no not Armando from Mexico, different spelling) but I don’t think he post any more.
Do you have a decent alterations tailor? The bloke I’ve been using is starting to take the piss with his pricing!
Hi,
No I don't have an alterations guy as I just do it myself. I grew up in tailor shops and will hopefully soon be expanding my love for it. I'm going to launch an online tailoring company after I move to Orlando.

I see on you blog that you have a fair amount of linen. I have never been able to get past the wrinkling. You're a slender guy it appears, I'm built like a tank. It starts wrinkling before I even put it on (joke of course).

Have a great day!

Patrick

NY Sonny

Reaction score

In a full disclosure, I'm an Italian-American from NYC. Like many others, I still make an occasional stop to Vito's mens in the Bronx to buy athleisure wear. From SERGIO TACCHINI to the cuddlewear it's still a Saturday favorite.
Screenshot_20230115-130801_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230115-130907_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230115-130733_Samsung Internet.jpg

Mirage-

Reaction score
My 2-cents... as long as there are attractive young female TikTok, YouTube and Instagram influencers telling men that gray sweatpants are like lingerie for women, athleisure will never go out of style.

Men will basically wear anything if they think it improves their odds to get laid.
First time I hear about that. But then again I am not on social media.
Still... I can't for the life of me figure out what's sexy about sweatpants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads