• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aston Martin Lagonda.

Karo

Reaction score
Reminds me of a dustbuster.
laugh.gif

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably the only Aston I don't like; it reminds me of one of those deepwater fish crossed with a late '80's Oldsmobile.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Interestingly, a successor concept car to the Lagonda, the Vignale, was almost "powder puff" curvy -- 1993 model:

a_1993_Aston_Martin_Lagonda_Vignale.jpg

a_1993_Aston_Martin_Lagonda_Vignale_2.jpg

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Probably the only Aston I don't like; it reminds me of one of those deepwater fish crossed with a late '80's Oldsmobile.
I've always felt drawn to these unappreciated "classics." I guarantee that in the future such cars will become costly, sort of how like old Maseratis and Ferraris were simply used cars in the '70s. Now is a good time to buy them as nobody really wants them and a good example can be had for the price of a Lexus or something. A good Maserati Quattroporte III can be had under $10,000 which is a huge deal considering the very limited quantities they were built in, and the high quality--they were a virtually hand-built mass production car, which, though, makes for a difficult situation if you ever find yourself in an accident. How many body shops know how to hang doors on a car that was hand-filled at the seams? That interior would also be expensive to replace--huge amounts of briarwood and apparently 8 entire cowhides were used.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LK, you must be overwhelmed by desire and love, in fact those older Maserati are very interesting and were built in small numbers but the quality was awful, the old Quattroporte was known as "the 4 wheeled lighter" ...

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pabloj
LK, you must be overwhelmed by desire and love, in fact those older Maserati are very interesting and were built in small numbers but the quality was awful, the old Quattroporte was known as "the 4 wheeled lighter" ...

Was that in reference to the '60s and '70s ones? To be sure, they probably weren't Mercedes in quality, but I wouldn't call them rusty Fiats either.

The other Italian marque I really like is Lancia, notably the pre-Fiat Lancia.

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Was that in reference to the '60s and '70s ones? To be sure, they probably weren't Mercedes in quality, but I wouldn't call them rusty Fiats either.

The other Italian marque I really like is Lancia, notably the pre-Fiat Lancia.

Lancia used to make great cars.
I think the great season in italian cars ended at most in mid eighties, before that time there were great chances that the designer's proposal made it into production (Bertone x1/9, Lancia Stratos, AlfaRomeo Montreal ...) lately the proposal for the new Lancia Fulvia, which would have made for a very nice car, didn't make it
frown.gif
, thanks god for the 500

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
LK, what do you think of TVR? Or Morgan?

bullethead

Reaction score
In the late 80's the Lagonda stickered at roughly 187k. You may also want to consider the Vantage Volante (sorry, I don't have a pic), which i've seen for sale a couple of years ago for around 35k.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
I was thinking an aardvark mixed with an Oldsmobile.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads