• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

As promised, pictures of my outfits

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
Dude, why are your ties and PCs always so bigger-than-life? If you shrunk them to normal proportions, then the outfit isn't half bad.

This tie is a lot smaller than normal. The point of it goes to my belt.

Originally Posted by intent
Also, there's something weird going on with your shoulders.

They are too small. It's very tight in the shoulders.

Originally Posted by idfnl
I dont want to see any more photos of you until you have 5 ties at once on. What's with these compromises spiff? These guys getting to you?

Naw, I think 3 was too much. I will stick to 1 or 2.

Originally Posted by Closer
That is not a size too small. That is your real size dude. If you want to start looking more normal, then start buying things that fit more like this.

It's really not. I had it taken out as much as the fabric would allow, and it is still too tight in the shoulders and waist.

Originally Posted by gregaz
Divets?!?!?!
uhoh.gif

What's that?

Originally Posted by gregaz
That suit with $100 worth of tailoring would look great.

Like what?

Originally Posted by Closer
Spiff, do you mind telling us what size that is and who is the maker?

Also, what size do you usually prefer?

It is made by Zara, and was originally a 40R. I bought it on eBay and they sent the wrong size. I had the jacket taken out in both the waist, back, and shoulders, but it is still very very tight. I think I had the sleeves taken out as well.

I normally buy a 42L. Previous to this site I was buying a 44L.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Previously posted:

Originally Posted by mt_spiffy
As measured ON MY BODY (not by measuring a garment):

Chest: 42"
Shoulder: 20"
Waist (at stomach): 40"
Sleeve length: 35"
Height: 6'2"
Waist (trouser): 37" (parts that are a 36 waist fit fine)
Inseam (actual): 32"
Normal size suit worn 42L, I have some 44L but I am getting them tapered.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
I agree. 42L usually fits better in the armholes, plus with R I often run out of material to have the pants cuffed.

lightsaber

Reaction score
I had the jacket taken out in both the waist, back, and shoulders, but it is still very very tight. I think I had the sleeves taken out as well.

It's highly likely that your idea of "very very tight" is different from other suit wearers because you're used to wearing such boxy ill-fitting potato sacks.

I don't know if this message will ever sink in, but there's a fundamental difference between the feel of a suit and the feel of pyjamas.

MiloX

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lightsaber

I don't know if this message will ever sink in, but there's a fundamental difference between the feel of a suit and the feel of pyjamas.

Au contraire. A well tailored suit can feel just as comfortable as a pair of pajamas. Especially if said suit is worn with braces instead of a belt.
teacha.gif

lightsaber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiloX
Au contraire. A well tailored suit can feel just as comfortable as a pair of pajamas. Especially if said suit is worn with braces instead of a belt.
teacha.gif

Ah, but I didn't say it can't be as comfortable, just that the sensation is not the same. And as it happens, I already agreed about the braces. So there.

Using Technology

Reaction score
They are too small. It's very tight in the shoulders.

hard to tell exactly how well the body fits, but that suit is NOT too tight in the shoulders. It is pretty easy to see where your shoulders end and they end around the seam, meaning the suit fits properly in the shoulders. Your shoulder is not poking out in the arm fabric, so it is in no way tight.

mt_spiffy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saltricks
Please tell me that someone has saved the original pictures that this guy posted. Please.

I'm not sure what happened to the original pictures. I havent used that FTP site for some time but it still should be active. I'll see if I can get them restored.

In the meantime, here's from Sunday:

69166_452135855998_514670998_5287228_2778229_n.jpg

64896_452136215998_514670998_5287235_6362495_n.jpg

potemkin_city_limits

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened to the original pictures. I havent used that FTP site for some time but it still should be active. I'll see if I can get them restored.

In the meantime, here's from Sunday:

69166_452135855998_514670998_5287228_2778229_n.jpg

64896_452136215998_514670998_5287235_6362495_n.jpg

Its incredible to think that this is a huge improvement considering its still pretty terrible, but I remember seeing those original photos and damn were they ever bad.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3cmtcounties