• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Auximenes

Reaction score
The PR Patterson collection at DSM is very, VERY austere. All pieces (some jackets and coats) are from the same black canvas fabric and are as minimal as can be (but you can see an unusual pattern construction - collar/shoulder/sleeves most notably). The fabric is stiff and doesn't drape much. Raw, uncompromising and expensive - mostly around the 200,000JPY mark for coats and jackets, and 80,000 JPY sweaters. I tried to take a few pics but it was pointless anyway, given the nature of the clothing. All in all it was very different from what i expected, but this collection (if i recall correctly, it was made for DSM) might not be representative of his work ?
Mormon-wear for the internets.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, thanks! I shall definitely hunt them to try some of their backpacks in person.

Speaking of belts, here is my favorite.

Simple buckle, full of m.a+ features yet not tacky as his silver-cross belt.
I have that belt, in white/Ivory. It's really nice. My only reservation about ALL MA+ belts is that belts are supposed to be functional, and silver is way too soft of a metal to be really practical for any functional belt. After years of light wear, the buckle broke at the juncture between the bar and the frame. This has never happened on a brass or a steel buckle, for me, and I have over 60 belts.

Mojo1990

Reaction score

The PR Patterson collection at DSM is very, VERY austere. All pieces (some jackets and coats) are from the same black canvas fabric and are as minimal as can be (but you can see an unusual pattern construction - collar/shoulder/sleeves most notably). The fabric is stiff and doesn't drape much. Raw, uncompromising and expensive - mostly around the 200,000JPY mark for coats and jackets, and 80,000 JPY sweaters. I tried to take a few pics but it was pointless anyway, given the nature of the clothing. All in all it was very different from what i expected, but this collection (if i recall correctly, it was made for DSM) might not be representative of his work ?
Mormon-wear for the internets.

Is it possible to access the collection online? I've navigated the online NY E-shop but the brand isn't listed.

docdocgs

Reaction score
I have that belt, in white/Ivory. It's really nice. My only reservation about ALL MA+ belts is that belts are supposed to be functional, and silver is way too soft of a metal to be really practical for any functional belt. After years of light wear, the buckle broke at the juncture between the bar and the frame. This has never happened on a brass or a steel buckle, for me, and I have over 60 belts.

I would agree with you about silver, but I've had this Geoffrey Young belt for a few years now that is rock solid, and I wear it almost every day. A definite outlier.

And 60 belts?! Damn! I don't have that many...anythings...

AlexanderTG

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is it possible to access the collection online? I've navigated the online NY E-shop but the brand isn't listed.

Robin Richman in Chicago has a few pieces. There is a great black blazer and pants combo that I've thought of getting but I think the shape may just not be for me.

It's similar to this one.

Not sure why they can list the women's stuff but not the men's. Anyway, great customer service and they have good sales, too. They carry Elena, just in case anyone was looking. Not a lot of stuff but I got a great deal on a simple black shirt back in the spring.

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Mine fit a bit big and made my bottom portion look big, i wasn't saying anything bad about the pants they just didn't work for me. overall i really liked the fabric.

At no point did I ever think you were saying anything negative regarding the product. and even if you were, if it was something truthful I wouldn't mind.
I am not an egomaniac needing constant positive affirmation. if something is terrible, or off, i want to hear it, so long as the motives for doing so is with the intent to see the product improved.
I like what i make, but I am not the one wearing the product ( i pretty much wear variations of the same things everyday)

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

At no point did I ever think you were saying anything negative regarding the product. and even if you were, if it was something truthful I wouldn't mind.

I am not an egomaniac needing constant positive affirmation. if something is terrible, or off, i want to hear it, so long as the motives for doing so is with the intent to see the product improved.

I like what i make, but I am not the one wearing the product ( i pretty much wear variations of the same things everyday)

Cool man...

I do want you soft J pants in 13oz cotton, those ever coming back?

they are these http://www.styleforum.net/t/522843/zam-barrett-soft-j-pants-black-52-50

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm getting flashbacks to an exchange where you seemed to take the opposite position!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm getting flashbacks to an exchange where you seemed to take the opposite position!
Lot of years, more points of reference, more has happened, etc...

The belt initially seems very solid, but after that happened, and also, a silver MA+bit broke on a bracelet, I am now less inclined to MA+ accessories and jewelry, as aesthetically pleasing as they are. I just don't want to pay $600 or $800 for a belt that is going to break on me at some point.

Mojo1990

Reaction score
Araki Yuu sama has replied back to my inquiry. Unfortunately there is no chance for any special orders.

"Thanks for your conatct regarding to Araki Yuu collection item.
Unfortunately we can not take any more new orders from anyone like you, neither nor by our authorized dealers.
Araki Yuu’s production has been always at maximum level so there is no time/space for him to get new order.
He can produce 180-200 pieces per season so far. He’s completely sold out.
Thanks for your understanding in advance.

All the best,
Le Berger on behalf of Araki Yuu atelier"

Last edited:

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Cool man...

I do want you soft J pants in 13oz cotton, those ever coming back?

they are these http://www.styleforum.net/t/522843/zam-barrett-soft-j-pants-black-52-50

For this FW16, there are three variations of the Soft J that will be avaiable

1. Overlocked soft j JEANS in a 12 oz denim OD in grey and black.
2. Overlocked soft j JEANS in Moleskin Cotton grey and black
3. Overlocked Soft J PANTS, that is a Combination of three different vintage linens that is very interesting.

I cannot say that that fabric/ combo will never be again, but the pattern was updated with some slight changes so even in using that fabric again that you have in the pic, the details will be somewhat different,

neostrifeX

Reaction score

Just received this from Fascinate. Amazing bag, with just as amazing customer service. Definitely on the lookout for a Cornelian Taurus backpack now.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anyone seen Deepti's crash denim yet? is the crash seam noticeable when worn / have any purpose other than just zig zag for the sake of being unconventional?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads