1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Artisanal Clothing and accessories discussion (MA+, CCP, Layer-0, Paul Harnden, Taichi Murakami, Bor

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by nicelynice, Aug 20, 2015.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Moderator

I don't think that you embellished at all. I'm just saying that, even reading only your POV, it's not at all clear to me that the retailer was in the wrong re. the transaction, though the threat to sue is pretty regrettable.

As for the distinction between a special order and a regular pre-order, the potential loss to the retailer is the same, since in either case, they added to the order for you. If you had not put down a deposit to secure the items, and had merely expressed interest "Cool - please tell me when something like that arrives", then you would not have any obligation to complete the transaction, of course. But a pre-order comes with an obligation to do so.

1 person likes this.
  2. dji0

dji0 Senior member

I agree LA Guy, and honestly I think The Office is well within their rights to threaten legal action as to be frank Mikko you were threatening to publicly defame them. As stated when making a special order or preorder "Cancellation after confirmation not possible" so why would they make a special exception?

1 person likes this.
  3. curiouscharles

curiouscharles Senior member Affiliate Vendor

yeah, unfortunately they've done nothing wrong here.

the fact that you're publicly defaming their business is a legitimate reason to pursue you legally as well i'm afraid. :/

4. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Mikko and Newp seem to be similarly delusional

5. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

I've deal with the office and Tassos has been nice me. I ordered my sbuc-ptc boots through him and still have them. My next order were one off bison ccp. I was unprepared for the wait time and that was tough for me. However, Tassos delivered. The bison boots didn't fit me well and he made an exception to take back the one off piece and allowed me to use the funds to et LUC-PTC black boots. He made this agreement when i was ordering because i wasn't sure of the size, he normally doesn't do this.

I don't think i'll do pre-orders because i am not good at waiting but if he has something i want i'll grab it form him.

I am sad to hear what happened to Mikko, its a sucky situation to not be able to afford something. I truly sympathize, I've been there.

If i were in this situation here is what in would do. I would either borrow the remainder of the cash from a credit card or whomever and sell the items. Common colors for CCP for a high neck and derbies will take some time to sell but they will sell. After that you'll take a mild loss possibly but get most of the cash back which is better than losing half of it.

Other option would be not to blast the retailer but chat with them and see what happens. I guess this is past the point now.

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

One more thing to add, maybe he can sell the credit?

7. m1kko

m1kko Well-Known Member

What credit? There was none issued or offered. I have chatted with them at lengths.

As for the defamation (I don't know how things work in the US), but me writing publicly about a negative experience with a retailer doesn't really cut it in the EU.

And regards to LA Guy's comments, I'm also not sure how things work in the US but the EU wide consumer protection legislation is pretty strict and doesn't recognise such severe limitations to it the Office's "policies" try to impose.

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

was thinking the credit can be sold.

9. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Senior member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  10. JayFS

JayFS Senior member

None.

1, I guess. Not a fan of velvety fabric and scoop/low necks.

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

12. Auximenes

Auximenes Senior member

Yeah both are really boring. For that price u can get much better elsewhere

13. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Senior member

Thank you [​IMG] may have some suggestions?

14. Auximenes

Auximenes Senior member

Alex LUC coat looks kinda similar to the Ziggy you posted, but probably thicker and less drape. But i like it much better fir instance. You could also fond a harnden cat such as nicelynice s in that price range.
    Inaisce coat on sale on their website.
    Just a few options

15. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Senior member

May I have a link to the site. Inaisce tends to be far too..hmm..abstract(?) for my liking. It's difficult to pair I suppose. Some Ziggy stuff is the same

I'm more of a traditional minimalist style type of guy. I've never really been introduced to harnden either. Does anyone have a list of Stockists?

I'm currently in talks with Nic at Eth0s for a Gbs coat though. :)

I guess you guys don't like the bland / boring colour pallet of both coats?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  16. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

Yeah @Mojo1990, I don't like the giant pockets of the ZC coat or its conical shape. The Casey is a little better but if it were me I'd probably grow wary of the shiny velvet and not find it practical enough.

My LUC coat, I'd have to agree, is nicer than both of those. It's pretty luxurious fabric and unique but not outlandish (with the way the fabric was constructed with "slashes" in the back). Hmu if you want to talk about it. Happy to work something out.

As for Harnden, I've had good luck with Persuade in Bilbao, Spain. IF Soho in NYC has a good selection but they are pretty overpriced compared to the EU sellers. Nic at Eth0s is a dream to work with. I've purchased a few GBS pieces through him and I'm happy with everything I own. Cheers.

17. Auximenes

Auximenes Senior member

@Mojo1990 http://www.iaparticles.com/jackets-outer/2l7r1drwn0liw3r3s2a3ud18m1dx6o
    actually that IA coat isn't especially exciting either. But in terms of Ziggy Chen , check out Gullam 13 s website , they seem to have better ZC coats in terms of fabric, visual interest, etc
    Check out Individual Sentiments too, they have an excellent AW16 collection... Cruvoir have some of their coats.

18. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Moderator

I know that you are right, but this is one of the reasons that I'll not open an office in the EU, and will always base operations in the US, and with stipulation that US laws apply to all of our transactions. I think that there needs to be a balance in laws, and for me, the EU laws have become much too strict to allow a business to operate in a reasonable fashion.

Basically, all legal obligations aside, I find it unethical to impose your financial burdens on someone else. If you had a health emergency, lost employment, etc... I can see why you'd need to make a tough choice between two bad decisions (neither being ideal) but having another child does not fall under that shield, imo. It's not an unforeseable event, and therefore, not something that cannot be planned for.

3 people like this.
  19. Mojo1990

Mojo1990 Senior member

Noob question but what does LUC stand for? [​IMG]

I would definitely like to take a look at your coat my good Sir [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  20. newp

newp Senior member

Label Under Construction. A brand by Luca Laurini, who worked under Maurizio Altieri in Carpe Diem.