• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art

kronik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He was kidding. Patrick Nagel is quintessentially 80s - given LK probably hates everything from that period except its excess, I can't take it seriously.

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by turboman808
My idea of art is photos and painting of sports cars. Chances are my 6 foot painting of a 1973 911 RSR are not gonna make it into the fine art gallery anytime soon.

If it was a '69 Charger and signed 'Richard Prince' it would be worth hundreds of thousands.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like this photo from 20x200:

eirich_juliane_balloons_artworkimage.jpg

http://www.20x200.com/art/2008/11/balloons.html

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kronik
He was kidding. Patrick Nagel is quintessentially 80s - given LK probably hates everything from that period except its excess, I can't take it seriously.

Patrick Nagel lives on unironically in beauty salon placards.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Domindart

Reaction score
I like Patrick nagels stuff.

I have done some work myself-

l_e155275eb90d3db42752922afd38ce37.jpg

l_eb22fa03384c159adaa46f868fb47182.jpg

l_a5ec873410901f62bb7206b1226d0282.jpg

I want to start doing more art. I stopped doing it due to life circumstances. I broke my drawing wrist in a motorcycle accident. After that heals up in a few weeks or so I will be looking to get back into art. I want to start where I left off. I was doing a bar scene/ night life series in charcoal . Black and white with grey tones. Different subjects, different styles , somewhat similar style sometimes..

Heres another-

l_123847d65b6206bf8dbffa868675c35e.jpg

unpainted huffheinz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ The light effects you get are really well done. Is the last one reductive from a solid black base?

Domindart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz
^^^ The light effects you get are really well done. Is the last one reductive from a solid black base?

thanks . No, it is all charcoal. and soft pastell.. Basically, well I wont tell you how I did the entire piece, but I used charcoal for the black, and soft pastell for the grey and white colors.. basically

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
After 3 weeks I got to pick up my Anthony Goicolea "Double Dare" print
L1020860.jpg

For the frame color I decided to pick up the color of the rocks
L1020861.jpg

I think that's really good, but I'd like it in a cafe or shop or something. In my home it would seem like a joke that I keep hearing over again.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Domindart
I like Patrick nagels stuff. I have done some work myself-
l_e155275eb90d3db42752922afd38ce37.jpg
l_eb22fa03384c159adaa46f868fb47182.jpg
l_a5ec873410901f62bb7206b1226d0282.jpg
I want to start doing more art. I stopped doing it due to life circumstances. I broke my drawing wrist in a motorcycle accident. After that heals up in a few weeks or so I will be looking to get back into art. I want to start where I left off. I was doing a bar scene/ night life series in charcoal . Black and white with grey tones. Different subjects, different styles , somewhat similar style sometimes.. Heres another-
l_123847d65b6206bf8dbffa868675c35e.jpg

Your drawing is much better than your dancing. I'd actually like/buy that if I saw it at an art show. Rather have that on my wall (even though it comes from a guy that dances like a ... well, you know) than some typical print. P.S. Wrist injuries from bike crashes suck, I've had one on each wrist, luckily took only about 5 months for the worst one to heal.

poppies

Reaction score
No love for Olafur Eliasson up in here??

The Weather Project
eliasson3.jpg

Antispective Situation (exterior)
Eliasson_Theantispectivesituation2003_PhotoShigeoAnzai.jpg

interior
11eliasson2_small.jpg

I really wish I could've gone to the Tate when that Weather Project was up. That turbine hall has got to be the one of the most awesome spaces available for an installation. Imagine being given the opportunity to fill such a large space with whatever you want...I could practically jerk off to the thought of all that space goddamn

Domindart

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Flambeur
Your drawing is much better than your dancing. I'd actually like/buy that if I saw it at an art show. Rather have that on my wall (even though it comes from a guy that dances like a ... well, you know) than some typical print.

P.S. Wrist injuries from bike crashes suck, I've had one on each wrist, luckily took only about 5 months for the worst one to heal.

thanks. But my dancing is good. Maybe its not up to par for a stage, but I know its good.

lynchpatrickj

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poppies
No love for Olafur Eliasson up in here??
Unh.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads