• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Are these shoe-trees legit?

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Moore's had a 2 for 1 sale the other day, and I picked up some shoe trees. But it looks to me like the heel side is inverted?

Or is that how it's supposed to be? They were $20 for the pair btw.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are fine. There are many different styles and configurations of shoe trees. The ones you have purchased are the lower end made more for deck shoes or sneakers. They will do the job however.

Browse these links to further familiarize yourself with just a few of the different models of shoe trees available.
I use Woodlore as an example but also check out other makes.
http://woodlore.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=woodlore&Category_Code=Shoe-Trees
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi

Woodlore's 'Epic' is one of their high end models though even they may not be the right shape for all dress shoes.
Study the shoes you have before buying shoe trees. Some shoes have a higher instep than others.
The Woodlore 'Epic' shown here is best suited for Balmorals, in my opinion whereas their regular tree is good for Bluchers.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know when JOS Bank is supposed to do one of those buy 1 get 2 free sales on shoe trees?

bjornb17

Reaction score

Does anyone know when JOS Bank is supposed to do one of those buy 1 get 2 free sales on shoe trees?

I heard you get 4 free suits with the shoe trees as well, and that the shoe trees cost $1199.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for your answer Man of Lint. I guess I should've just done a little more research on them before I posted the question.

The Woodlore ones look pretty good, so I might get those when I need more.

wqvong

Reaction score

Thanks a lot for your answer Man of Lint. I guess I should've just done a little more research on them before I posted the question.
The Woodlore ones look pretty good, so I might get those when I need more.

They are having a deal going on right now. You can get three for 30 dollars with free shipping.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are having a deal going on right now. You can get three for 30 dollars with free shipping.

I don't mean to be dumb, but where can I find this? It doesn't appear to be at the link Man of Lint provided.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Bought them. Thanks.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads