• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Apples or oranges

carlhuber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonio
superior to the orange.

Hah! I should start trying to prove my opinions that way. Oh, yeah, it's just superior.

As for my tastes, I vacillate between the two. I think I net out with apples in autumn (when they're in season and it makes sense), and oranges in the early summer.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oranges all the way. Oranges are far more superior in flavor and versatility than apples. I eat apples about once every 2 years.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"An apple a day....."

I like a good orange, but I find the apple to be a friendlier fruit for the consumer on the go. Give it a quick rup/shine and munch away. When you're done toss (or eat!) the core. Oranges can get messy w/ peels, broken sections, juice leaking, etc. Plus, no oranges are grown locally, while delicious apples come right down from the Hudson Valley....
smile.gif

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If eating more than a few pieces of fruit (a glass of juice is based on more than one fruit), apples probably are better. Oranges' acidity can cause various problems.

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like oranges in things when they are juiced but with all that pulp and stuff, I just can't stomach to eat one raw. An apple on the other hand is good to eat raw, or juiced, you can dip it in carmel, peanut butter, and it has all those yummy proanthocyanidins.

Apple gets an A+.

4Mica

Reaction score
For me it is seasonal. Apples in the fall, oranges for Christmas (winter). I prefer fresh spring and summer fruits the rest of the year.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Plus, no oranges are grown locally, while delicious apples come right down from the Hudson Valley....
smile.gif

It's much easier to get a wide variety of apples in New York. A huge range of textures and tastes. Oranges, not so much.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Apples are more convenient, oranges more rewarding. I'll eat more apples than oranges, but use more orange juice (cooking, drinks, etc) than apple juice - fruitcakes being the lone exception. I can't imagine doing without either.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123
It's much easier to get a wide variety of apples in New York. A huge range of textures and tastes. Oranges, not so much.

Local apples do taste great, especially when you've just picked them off the tree after they've been washed the night before with rain shower.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DarkNWorn
Local apples do taste great, especially when you've just picked them off the tree after they've been washed the night before with rain shower.

....and dried by a wood nymph's breasts.
smile.gif

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
....and dried by a wood nymph's breasts.
smile.gif

well...my gf has some nice ones
smile.gif

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chorse123

That's a good point. Maybe there is a health benefit to such variety.

Here is an article on some health benefits of apples. Question of the day: why in the world would someone peel an apple?

carlhuber

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mensimageconsultant
why in the world would someone peel an apple?

The peel has the majority of the health benefits is most "skinned" fruits and vegetables. Anything healthy at all in a potato, apple, berries...most of it's in the skin. Plus it's got most of the fiber. I've always preferred mashed potatoes with skins included.

There's something soothing about taking the time to perfectly peel an orange - if you can be bothered to separate the membrane from the sections once the sections are separated from the core and rind...it's beautiful. Easily comparable to the most delicate stained glass cathedral window. That being said, my mother drinks "lots o' pulp" orange juice. Might as well just eat an orange, by that point in time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads