• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

apc or dior homme

masterpp

Reaction score
im after some raw denims.

i tried on faded denims by both apc and dior, and i found the apc new standards a far better fit. they werent so aggressive, and although im slim enough for dior homme hommes, i find the apcs easier to wear everyday.

my question is with the raw denims, would you guys choose the diors or the apc's

also are there differnt cuts in the dior homme raws, and with regards to apc's are new standarts the only way to go.

what would you do.

ta

v0rtex

Reaction score
Originally Posted by masterpp
also are there differnt cuts in the dior homme raws, and with regards to apc's are new standarts the only way to go.

Not tried any APCs so can't contrast, but I am a huge fan of Dior jeans.

The cut of the DH jeans changes by season. It's gradually become a lot more relaxed and forgiving as the label becomes more commercial in it's outlook.

There are also two sizes of hem - 21cm on retail jeans and 19cm on catwalk ones (although some earlier seasons had catwalk hems of 17cm!).

Apart from that they're pretty much all one cut.

andyl

Reaction score
where can I find dior homme jeans? are there any online retailers?

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
as a starter i'd just pick up an APC jean because they're so much more inexpensive. and democratic? i guess. they do have the cure (aka Narrow) model, which is more tapered than the NS, so if you like your stuff narrower that's your thing.

before you ask, tehre's a little rundown on the fit and names of the APC cuts somewhere around...

anyway like you said APC is easier to wear on an everyday basis. well-made, won't break your bank, easy to handle. my choice goes with APC.

xcoldricex

Reaction score
well, from the sounds of your post you already made up your mind. stop doubting yourself and get apcs.

tangerine

Reaction score

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tangerine
luisaviaroma
Okay. Okay. So look at this (really nice) Dior jacket. Is that a mannequin with strangely lifelike arms, including arm hair, or is that actually a guy with a frighteningly long neck? This is freaking me out, man.

tangerine

Reaction score
So it's true, Hedi is crossbreeding models with giraffes, then...

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Those are different jeans in term of fit, pricing and design philosophy (if you're into that). Last time I checked APC NS (raw) were $140 and Dior (raw) $300.

So what is your budget?
Where do you live/would you like to shop online/in your city?
What kind of look are you going for (what's the context for your jeans wearing)?
Is that your only pair/do you need some versatility?

If you start asking yourself those questions you'll probably be able to choose very easily or even decide you need to look at some additional choices...

As for Dior you have two basic sizing (19CM leg opening and 21CM leg opening), since it's all proportional, if you were a size below 30 your 19CM would be slightly smaller (I have size 28 Dior 19CM raw and the opening is maybe 16-17CM).

APC have a variety of cut going from a more relaxed straight leg (dunno the name this season), to the very similar to Dior cure/slim/Ã
00a9.png
troit whatever it's called this season.

For the record I own both raw APCs and Dior and enjoy both companies offerings.

masterpp

Reaction score
hmm nice replies.

to be honest the dior washed jeans really didnt suit me so well, as i wear them loose around the waist they made me look like a carrott as they were so fitted.

of the fadded jeans, apc suited me best.
but i really want to flex some diors, so mabye some 21's would be good

haresh

Reaction score
so if I am looking for a skinny APC low rise - the cure would be my best bet ? I wear a 28. In my expereince most raws labelled 28 are at least 30 meaured. Whats the best tretment for this - do I soak 'em staright away or wear them before soaking them. I dont necessarily want them to shrink too much just enough so can wear them low waisted and not have them bunch up at the waist under a belt with shirt tucked in.

thanks

tweedlesinpink

Reaction score
PCs don't need soaking i believe. if you want low rise skinny you're looking at cures or hipsters

scoon0224

Reaction score
I think the pic is photochopped to move his head out of the frame... real guy

(I mean a mannequin with freckles, veins and arm-hair?)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads