• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone read japanese?

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
Over on the other SF, we're trying to figure out how to order direct from Rakuten shops:

http://www.superfuture.com/city/supe...&topicID=12014

Just wanted to know if anyone can translate a reply letter I got from a shop. Not sure if I'm suppose to respond or not or if they even cancelled my order. Yes, I've tried translators and it's not very helpful.
And I can't seem to post japanese characters on Superfuture.

Here it is:
【ご注意】
お客様のお取引先は下記ショップとなりますので、ご不明な点、ご注文内容に誤り
がある場合は、直接ショップ「butterfly caught」まで
お問い合わせください。

以下の注文内容がご利用のショップに届いております。
ご確認ください。

I think this part is asking to set a delivery time??宅配便のお届け日・時間帯の指定はこちら
※※※※※※※※※ ↓必ずお読み下さい↓ ※※※※※※※※※

■当店は土日、祝祭日は定休日となります。
定休日前日の午後5時以降のご注文、お問い合わせに関しましては
翌営業日からの対応となります。

■配送指定は時間帯、配達地域、在庫状況によって
ご希望に添えない場合があります。

■配達日の指定は翌日(※定休日除く)~2週間以内でお願いします。
※翌日配達は時間帯、配達地域、在庫状況によって
ご希望に添えない場合があります。

■モバイルからご注文のお客様はメール受信のドメイン指定解除を
お願いします。(当店からの確認メールが届かない場合があります)

◇配送希望日◇

月  日

◇配送希望時間◇ (ご希望時間帯に○をご記入下さい)

( )午前中   
( )12時~14時
( )14時~16時
( )16時~18時
( )18時~20時
( )20時~21時
[ショップ名] butterfly caught

capnpyro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by digital_denim
Over on the other SF, we're trying to figure out how to order direct from Rakuten shops:

[ショップ名] butterfly caught

Sounds like the beginning of an asian proverb
tongue.gif

Good luck with that, let us know how it turns out.

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
(Your order)

The store that you will be buying from is the following. If anything is unclear or there are any errors, please contact the store "butterfly caught" directly.

The following order has been received by the store. Please check that everything is OK.

The date and time frame in which you would like the delivery to be made

Please Read the following

Our shop is closed on Saturday and holidays. If you place an oder or send a message after 5 pm on our regular holid, then we will respond on the first business day.

There are times where, due to stock on hand, delivery area and the like, we are unable to deliver on the date and times that you request.

We request that you specify the date of delivery within 2 weeks (excluding our regular holiday)

[I got tired of translating...Yep, you are supposed to tick the desired date and time of delivery.]

Bic

Englandmj7

Reaction score
You know that Google translate will translate Japanese pages for you right? They may not be 100% accurate but they will help you get the gist of it.....

digital_denim

Big Lose
Reaction score
yes, as mentioned above I used a translator, but it wasn't super clear. And since this is an experimental purchase, I wanted to be sure what they were saying.

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by digital_denim
Thank Bic,

Hmmm...that's japanese service for you, they'll deliver to a specific time!

Because they probably are thinking only of domestic delivery in a country the size of California, they can specify when it will be delivered to you.

I doubt that those dates and times will be applicable overseas.

Bic

turbozed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Englandmj7
You know that Google translate will translate Japanese pages for you right? They may not be 100% accurate but they will help you get the gist of it.....

I don't know why, but online translators have worked horribly for me. I've tried google and Babelfish and all of them are pretty bad at Japanese. I think it works better for languages with clearer rules on sentence structure. Japanese is pretty free form with the only rule being the verb at the end. This leads to some confusing lines when you attempt to translate literally into English.

What does this have to do with style? Absolutely nothing.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by turbozed
I don't know why, but online translators have worked horribly for me. I've tried google and Babelfish and all of them are pretty bad at Japanese. I think it works better for languages with clearer rules on sentence structure. Japanese is pretty free form with the only rule being the verb at the end. This leads to some confusing lines when you attempt to translate literally into English.

There are tons of double meanings in Japanese as well and Google has a really hard time figuring out which meaning is the right one.

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
Originally Posted by turbozed

I don't think I would agree that Japanese is free form with the only rule being the verb at the end. Like all languages, Japanese has an identifiable grammar. I suspect that the difficulty google and Babelfish have with J-E is the comparatively small number of people who have a facility in both Japanese and English (compared with other languages such as Spanish and English, German and English, and French and English), and what I suspect are the comparatively smaller number of human hours that have been put into developing the J->E machine translation algorithms.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads