Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

anyone familiar with a Barneys/Saks/Bergdorf seasonal sale?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by newyorknoir, Oct 19, 2012.

1. newyorknoir

newyorknoir Senior member

We're not far away from sales season. I'd hate to buy a new suit and then see it go on sale in a month. Do staple suits even go on sale though? I want to buy a grey or navy Isaia suit. Also, should I have them tailor it there, or take it to a different tailor recommended on this website?

Thanks

2. jacket

jacket Senior member

Usually if it goes on sale within a month, they will refund you the difference, if that makes any difference.

As for the tailor, it depends on what you're looking for. In-store tailors are good for the usual alterations - hemming, shortening the sleeves, etc. and those services are usually complimentary. They are also good in that if they mess up, the store usually has a policy.

On the other hand, it may be worth it to take it to an outside tailor with whom you have a good relationship etc. They may charge for certain services that in-store may not, but it MIGHT be worth it in terms of quality.