• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone else not drink?

transient

Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
Well, I am and really have always been more of a coffee + weed sort of guy, although I did drink my fair share for many years. I make no apologies.

This is good way to fly. Do you mean weed+coffee together? I think it's called hippie speed. It's pretty awesome in the mornings to get the day rolling but doesn't seem healthy overstimulating your system like that.
Originally Posted by juliank
I don't drink. I did it out of pure psychological curiosity. I've done this with other things as well. I am just wired to get bored with and question all of my ingrained habits. Gave up the internet for a month, took only cold showers for 6 months, fasted, varied masturbation intervals, etc.

When I quit drinking I didn't notice much difference right away but after a few months the quality of my life shot up in almost every single facet of my life that I doubt I would ever go back. BTW I never talk about this stuff in public or social settings because people will think you are a douche or weird. When people ask me I just always laugh " ha, not in the mood today, taking a break etc".

This post is actually pretty inspiring. I've noticed that when I'm sober for a week or two things get good, really good. So good that I begin to wonder how much better it would be with some booze. But I should really make a solid attempt at 30 day challenge with no booze or drugs and see how it goes.

Shalebot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by transient
This is good way to fly. Do you mean weed+coffee together? I think it's called hippie speed. It's pretty awesome in the mornings to get the day rolling but doesn't seem healthy overstimulating your system like that.
Weed + espresso is wild, even if your caffeine tolerance is high. Brain wants to run a marathon, body refuses to move. As for alcohol, I generally drink to avoid painful people / situations (and then drink a lot) so I don't like doing it. G+Ts and a local microbrew are the only drinks I even marginally enjoy. Just not my schtick. In the company of good folks, I'd rather have good food or coffee.

tightandbright

Reaction score
It's been almost 3 years for me. I had a near death accident end of high school cause of alcohol poisoning... no more
smile.gif

hugh51271

Reaction score
Packed it in 14 years ago.
I was not a heavy drinker, but a night mixing 17 double whiskey and cokes with coke (powdered variety) and not feeling pissed made me pack it all in.
Also packed in all narcotics (usual weekend user), and caffeine too.

Don't miss it and don't need it to exist or enjoy myself.

The can't trust thing is funny. Put a drunk next to your gorgeous girlfriend and see if you can trust him not to do anything.
Being sober with a load of drunks does get tedious. I usually slip away when they start talking utter crap.
If anyone can't admit to people they abstain from drinking, just say you are allergic.
It usually stops them asking after a few times and you won't get the questions why?
I have only ever done that one time, the other times I tell them the truth.

And the concept of a hangover is madness.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have a lot of friends who drink a lot. At least 4 times per week. I will have a few cocktails on a weekend, but when I go out with them I have two drinks and I am ready for bed and they have already had 5 and that was like pre-gaming for them. It seems to me that anybody who is not in a relationship drinks more. I noticed that of myself as well. I would be out drinking all night chasing girls, but now that I have a girlfriend there is no desire for that anymore.

juliank

Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I have a lot of friends who drink a lot. At least 4 times per week. I will have a few cocktails on a weekend, but when I go out with them I have two drinks and I am ready for bed and they have already had 5 and that was like pre-gaming for them. It seems to me that anybody who is not in a relationship drinks more. I noticed that of myself as well. I would be out drinking all night chasing girls, but now that I have a girlfriend there is no desire for that anymore.

This describes my social circle. 4-5 drinks is just pre-game, 10+ on normal outings and all these folks are late 20s early 30s. I had to re-callibrate my whole game to continue these friendships when I stopped drinking.

gauche.story

Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
Well, I am and really have always been more of a coffee + weed sort of guy, although I did drink my fair share for many years. I make no apologies.

Amen brother.

ThatGuy

Reaction score
A guy who doesn't drink is in the same boat as a guy who chooses to be a vegetarian.

What I'm trying to say is... it's totally unacceptable. I would remove all associations with said guy

IsteRed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThatGuy
A guy who doesn't drink is in the same boat as a guy who chooses to be a vegetarian.

What I'm trying to say is... it's totally unacceptable. I would remove all associations with said guy

facepalm.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads