• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anyone bought a camcorder for around $200?

mrgoblueguy

Reaction score
Has anyone ere bought a camcorder for around the $200 range? I am looking to spend around that much and need it just for basic stuff like small youtube videos and family events. Lots of places have them on special this week and I don't know what to get. Does it matter when spending such a small amount? Thanks for the help!!! I was looking at maybe a Sony Handy cam or some others. Here are some links. Thanks for the help!!! http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung+...4#BVRRWidgetID http://www.abcwarehouse.com/product_...~prod_id~26324 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/JVC+-+Ev...&skuId=9731174

aboutsomeoneelse

Reaction score
I've found the Flip cameras to be absolutely idiot-proof, down to the software they install when you plug them in. Easy as pie, the images look great for what they are, and the price is right.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I, personally, would avoid Flips due to their lack of optical zoom on most models. Total deal breaker. Best bet really is to go in and try them out at the store.
A few years ago I got a cheap Sony flash pocket camcorder, it sucked pretty hard. So I exchanged it for an Xacti GC6. The Xacti has been working out pretty well. Video quality is ok, but showing its age and is SD only. Most all 200$ ones these days are HD, so dont settle for one that shoots less than 720p.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another fun one ($260) is the GoPro HD Hero, which includes 1080p 30fps and 720p 60fps modes. Also has built in wide angle and fish eye lenses. They're great, especially if you're doing outdoor shots. You can buy low cost mounts for skateboards, ski poles, helmets, tripods, you name it. Have a look at some footage Whatever you end up getting, remember the importance of keeping your shots stable. Shaky footage is for squares. Even a $20 desktop tripod will be better than holding the camera in your hand.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nikson