• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody have these?

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
You can find much better quality jeans in a similar fit (straight leg) through ebay/buy & sell forum.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah man, your best bet is in the buy/sell section or sufu market.

ties@thedepot

Reaction score
they looked ok in the front photo but in the picture of the back the pockets made them look cheap and of poor quality. I dont like jeans without rivets either.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"A dark wash for a hip, versatile look."

lol

whatuknowaboutthat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ties@thedepot
they looked ok in the front photo but in the picture of the back the pockets made them look cheap and of poor quality. I dont like jeans without rivets either.

these actually have hidden rivets in the back...

sm2s

Reaction score
Originally Posted by gabby11303
What jeans have a similar fit?

kmw 1950 or 1980 for a slimmer leg. both are great fits, and i believe one of the affiliates are having a sale on kmw right now.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair of Gap selvage that I got about a year ago and have been wearing a ton ever since. Not sure if they are the exact same, but they sure look like it with the selvage edge coin pocket and the same back pocket stitching. They have held up to wearing about 5 days a week for about 9 months now and are still going strong. I washed them too soon but they have some subtle fading going on that is pretty nice, I'll try to get some pictures up. Quality is way better then standard Gap jeans IMO. I got mine on sale for under $9 so I'm quite pleased with the value. At full price I'm not sure it's worth it or not...I'd probably bump up to APC or something. Now, if you can get them when they go on sale then they can be a killer deal.

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some pics...and yes, I'm fat. These are size 38 so not really the proportions everyone is used to seeing on here I'm sure. But, should give you some idea of how they fade. I washed them right after buying them (didn't know enough/wasn't patient enough back then). I was afraid they weren't going to fade at all for a while, but they finally have at least a little They are holding together amazingly well though since they are just about the only pair of jeans I wear. Only real damage is the back corner of the right hand pocket and that is from my pocket knife clip.

dsc2049ox8.jpg

Unfortunately the back hasn't faded as much as the front. I really need to get some real raw selvage jeans but I'm working on losing some weight first. One of these days I'll pick up some APC's as a starter pair and then some nicer stuff once I hit my target weight. These will keep me clothed until then I suppose.
dsc2047hz4.jpg

Willsw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have the above pair as well, in a 34. Mine show slight honeycombing in the back, though more out of unwashedness than fades. Not as faded in the front, though I've worn them quite a bit. I preferred the cut of my old Uniqlo pair, which also faded more quickly. OP, if you're around a Uniqlo, check out their jeans.

dasaylay

Reaction score
Saw them at GAP the other day. Snapped some pics of fit in changeroom. Size 29x30 (smallest size they carried)

For reference I'm 5'6", 145lbs. I have bigger thighs due to mountainbiking.

dasaylay

Reaction score
Notes:

-very light denim. Under 12oz for sure
-not heavily starched
-exposed selvedge coin pocket
-red line selvedge
-hidden rivets
-regular hem

There also is a prewashed version. Surprisingly, I do like the way these are and even the prewashed ones don't look half bad. But at $98CAD a pair, I'll pass and wait for clearance pricing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads