• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any opinions on Lands' End tailored fit trousers?

ClayShaw

Reaction score
I think this topic might have been covered about a year ago, but for all I know the sizing has changed by now, so I thought I'd revisit. I'm wondering how slim-fitting the tailored fit is.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am also curious, and would also like to know about the fit on the tailored fit suit separates. I really need a beater suit right about now.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had a thread where they came up a few months ago...there was also one about the suits as a whole in the same time frame.

I bought two pairs of wool tailored fit pants...one of the gabardines and one of the normal ones. They are different cuts (gabs are lower rise) but the legs are reasonably slim and the construction seems solid enough.

Fabric isn't amazing but at $50 a pair, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another pair if I saw one I liked...of course now I go to their website and it looks like they only have two wool options (really only one... just with pleated or flat front options).

The ones I bought are no longer available. The plain front yearrounder is the same cut, but mine was available in patterned fabric and priced higher (well...lower with the sale price)

wysiwyg

Reaction score
Here are the measurements for a size 32 tailored fit year'rounder.

Waist 33 inches
Seat 41 inches
Front rise below waistband 9 3/8 inches
Back rise 15 inches
Waistband height 1 1/2 inches
Leg opening 16 1/2 inches

I wish the rise was lower. Not a slim fit, but it's fitted respectably.

gladhands

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought a pair of tailored fit seersucker trousers last month because they were on overstock for $19.99. While I don't have the measurements on hand, I'd say the fit is comparable to J Crew's Classic fit.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
I wish the rise was lower. Not a slim fit, but it's fitted respectably.

The gabardine ones have a lower rise...but apparently are not currently for sale.

inlandisland

Reaction score
They are "tailored" and thus not super slim or tapered, but have about 1/2" less fullness throughout. If you're looking for a 'slim' fit kind of look, you might find the rise too high for your tastes, but as usual with LE the quality
tongue.gif
rice ratio is great. With constant free shipping promotions and free returns at sears that sells LE, there is really nothing to loose in trying.

thinksyncopated

Reaction score
could one take these pants to a tailor and taper the legs to make it a more "slim fit" sort of garment? Or does the overall design/structure of the pants not allow for this alteration?

amplifiedheat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
Front rise below waistband 9 3/8 inches
Absurdly low.

badsha

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinksyncopated
could one take these pants to a tailor and taper the legs to make it a more "slim fit" sort of garment? Or does the overall design/structure of the pants not allow for this alteration?

Dont see why not. I am having that done to some slacks now. Picking them up this week. The tailor did a trial fitting and it looked pretty good.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread...

I just bought a pair of their tailored fit year-round pants taking advantage of their recent 40% off promotion on top of their sale price.

For the price, they are reasonably good for regular office wear.

To get a slimmer fit, you may want to try going down one or two size and then have your tailor let out the waist, aas opposed to having him/her re-do the whole pants to slim them down.

I did that with this recent order where I went down one size and spent $10 to have my tailor let out the waist.

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ i ordered the tailored fit year rounder wool pants as well during the same sale
so it was less than $50 for the pants
it's just decent... the legs taper a lot
but overall the pants did not have the shape or fit that i am looking for so i ended up returning them

my sister's comment when she saw me wearing the pants... "you look like an old man"

i'm sure some tailoring could have saved the pants but i didn't want to bother

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads