• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any of you ever get blatantly rejected?

oroy38

Reaction score
Hahaha, I've got a while to go my friend. I'm young, I still have options. I don't have that disease...Onegina.

Tardek

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
Originally Posted by thetieguy
I asked a girl one time"Don't i know you from somewhere?" and she said"Yes, thats whi I dont go there anymore.' It still hurts me till this day.

You should have laughed and said "Now THAT's one I have never heard. Made my day! By the way, I am ___".

You are painful.

armorarmylt

Reaction score
let it goooooooo,........ like someone else said, just read through the lines. The way i see it, if a woman doesnt receive ure advances, efff her, dont waste your time and money on someone who is a total snob or *****,,,,, women outnumber men in every county, state, country, school.... watever, there are more chicks than guys.......i have cousins like that, they think theyre the shyt(even though theyre not) and theyre still single in their 30's and miserable......

Cavalier

Reaction score
Persistance pays off. Last night I met a girl, made her fall in love with me, traded numbers at bar close 2:30-- and was getting a text asking me what I was doing by 3
teacha.gif

oroy38

Reaction score
Originally Posted by armorarmylt
let it goooooooo,........ like someone else said, just read through the lines. The way i see it, if a woman doesnt receive ure advances, efff her, dont waste your time and money on someone who is a total snob or *****,,,,, women outnumber men in every county, state, country, school.... watever, there are more chicks than guys.......i have cousins like that, they think theyre the shyt(even though theyre not) and theyre still single in their 30's and miserable......

I wouldn't take it that way. If a woman turns you down, she simply isn't looking for a person like you at that particular time in her life. Don't take it as a personal offense, it's just that her preferences may not be in line with what you have to offer at the time.

alessandro44

Reaction score
I've been friends with this girl at work and I finally made a move recently even though I was pretty sure she was dating someone. She told me that for now she just wants to have my friendship so could become closer that way. What to do?

RetroFlow

Reaction score
Thought i was over it... but it just hit me again today. I said, man that ***** is cold. But im cool with it now. Seeing her again will be kinda awkward.

oroy38

Reaction score
Originally Posted by alessandro44
I've been friends with this girl at work and I finally made a move recently even though I was pretty sure she was dating someone. She told me that for now she just wants to have my friendship so could become closer that way. What to do?

The friend category is a precarious position to be in. Avoid it if possible. If you're already in it, then try to get out as soon as you can. The longer you're in the friend category, the further your chances with that girl wither. Make your intentions clear without being too forward (don't give her cause for a sexual harassment lawsuit).

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't date girls you work with. Nothing more awkward than having to see them after you break up. Instead, use them to introduce you to other girls. Befriend them and hit some bars after work. Other girls will be naturally attracted to you because you're with other females.

oroy38

Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
Don't date girls you work with. Nothing more awkward than having to see them after you break up. Instead, use them to introduce you to other girls. Befriend them and hit some bars after work. Other girls will be naturally attracted to you because you're with other females.

I swear to god I saw that on an episode of Manswers.

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Henry Boogers
No, this would not have ended well. If she was that direct the first pitch you don't want to lob another one down the pipe. Instead I would have tried:

"is that what it was? I'm glad I asked because I had heard they kicked you out for sucking off homeless guys in the ladies room. I'll spread the word."

Were you rejected by this woman?

clayton

Reaction score
Originally Posted by oroy38
The friend category is a precarious position to be in. Avoid it if possible. If you're already in it, then try to get out as soon as you can. The longer you're in the friend category, the further your chances with that girl wither.

true! you don't want to end up being her all lifetime best friend. that may be nice, but not what was originally intended
eh.gif

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I told a girl I worked with that I really had a thing for her right after I left the job, and did the whole its too bad I am moving otherwise it could have been something dont you think, and she was basically like WTF are you talking about, I would never have dated you. Sounds terrible, but honestly, I was not the only person who knew us who thought we had something there. She was cool about it, but it was definately a wtf rejection!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads