• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any of you ever get blatantly rejected?

Cavalier

Reaction score
I always hit on random girls at bars, so I do get rejected countless times-- especially with how forward I am
lol8[1].gif
I have heard it all, from boyfriends to girlfriends to "no cell phone"
lol8[1].gif

If I was talking to a girl, and it wasn't at a bar, I would probably feel pretty bad getting rejected

oroy38

Reaction score
The age old adage "Nice Shoes, Let's ****" comes to mind :p

ZackyBoy

Reaction score
I am socially marsupialed so no, I don't get rejected because I don't try.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cavalier
I always hit on random girls at bars, so I do get rejected countless times-- especially with how forward I am
lol8[1].gif
I have heard it all, from boyfriends to girlfriends to "no cell phone"
lol8[1].gif

You remind me of a friend who would, literally, hit on every girl in the place (and not just bars). One time, he was hittin on two, maybe three girls at the same time. The man was a maniac. His success ratio was really, really low, as might be expected, but batting 0.001 is okay if you hit on 2000 girls a night.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RetroFlow
Long story short. Met a girl, asked for her number. Was completely ignored. Thing is, I will try to get it again, only this time I will do it in person.

You probably did not build a connection with her.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by oroy38
It's not only a matter of dignity, but of reputation. Girls talk, and word spreads fast about the guy who just wouldn't take a hint and move on.

+10,000.

This also happens after a breakup...
smile.gif

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thetieguy
I asked a girl one time"Don't i know you from somewhere?" and she said"Yes, thats whi I dont go there anymore.' It still hurts me till this day.

You should have laughed and said "Now THAT's one I have never heard. Made my day! By the way, I am ___".

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RetroFlow
Long story short. Met a girl, asked for her number. Was completely ignored. Thing is, I will try to get it again, only this time I will do it in person.

confused.gif
How did you do it the first time?

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crazyquik
You tell me:

On a date with a girl, we had gone out on a few. Were talking about her roomie, who had broken up with the BF, but then gotten back together. My Date said they were back together again, it was "official." I said "well, is her status on Facebook still 'Single' or 'In A Relationship', because it's not "official" unless it's on Facebook."

Date said "no, you can be "official" but not have it on Facebook yet."

Date ends with our tongues in each others mouths
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Check Facebook the next day and see that Date's status is now "In A Relationship." Not with me.
eh.gif
facepalm.gif

Was that blatant rejection, or something else?

Was this a blatant rejection or being dumped?

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Buy her a ring.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mkarim
You should have laughed and said "Now THAT's one I have never heard. Made my day! By the way, I am ___".

No, this would not have ended well. If she was that direct the first pitch you don't want to lob another one down the pipe. Instead I would have tried:

"is that what it was? I'm glad I asked because I had heard they kicked you out for sucking off homeless guys in the ladies room. I'll spread the word."

Henry Boogers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
^No, see, hers was clever and this is just crude. Say that and you're compounding the humiliation.

You're missing the point that both are mean spirited. Her thing may be being clever and mine is being a douche. Our interaction reflects this and is also why she would have turned me down.
eh.gif

unexpected

Reaction score
if a girl likes you, she will want to give you her number. You tried and she did not reply, ergo she does not like you.

Also, the part where you say "next time I will ask in person" creeps me out. Did you meet this girl online? Did you ask her over the internet? Man up and grow a pair.

oroy38

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JD_May
^No, see, hers was clever and this is just crude. Say that and you're compounding the humiliation.

+1. Say something crude and you're only showing that you're letting her sour attitude get to you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads