• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Futures Traders out there?

poelow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
Congratulations, you trade index futures. Want a cookie?

Yeah seriously...."Good for you?"
sarcasm.gif

I doubt the General Chat thread of Style Forum is going to be the best place to try to find others that trade index futures. Maybe try Yahoo Finance message boards?

I sometimes buy options on stocks or indexes though. What do you want to talk about exactly??? *shrug*

aragoona

Reaction score
Well last time i checked this is the general section right? Just wanted to talk to some traders with style and see how things are going with current market conditions. Oh btw, leftover_salmon the question was "do any of you trade futures?", you must be in investment banking huh...lol

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
You asked a Yes or No question and then made a lame statement that you trade mini index futures. What kind of discussion do you hope to inspire? Seriously, there's no depth going on here...

aragoona

Reaction score
Yet again you give your worthless view when the question was "do you trade futures". A simple yes or no would be fine and we can go on from there. How does that sound sport?

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
No, I don't trade futures. Good thread, good thread... Seriously, are you marsupialed? Stop being a defensive ***** and ask a question that will actually get some discussion going. Don't you want to have a good thread? ****, I'm pissed because I actually do want to have a discussion about the markets. But until you narrow your focus, I won't have anything to say.

leftover_salmon

Reaction score
Am I missing something? Since when was being an investment banker a point of embarrassment? Really, though, can you grow up? I just said I was interested in discussing the markets, and so far, I'm the only person who has expressed any interest in your thread. Stop being an assclown.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Third generation member CBOT and CME, charter member CBOE.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

aragoona

Reaction score
leftover_salmon when your done tossing your associates salad I got a job for you. Tomasso how long you been trading and what instrument bro?

poelow

Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
a lot of pent up angst in this thread ...

LOL
eh.gif

Originally Posted by leftover_salmon
Really, though, can you grow up? I just said I was interested in discussing the markets, and so far, I'm the only person who has expressed any interest in your thread. Stop being an assclown.

I am interested. DOW broke through support today. Oil hurts badly. Where do we go from here on the indices? Banks are getting killed... still!

I find interest in: GNK, FRE, MCD. Have been losing big in TSO(-20%) and DUG(-8%), and will be switching out of those tomorrow.
angry.gif

Salmon, what sort of investment banking/market related stuff do you do?

Tomasso, can you tell us more about your involvement with the exchanges?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads