• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

dlf1981

Reaction score
I will share the message Antonio sent explaining the two services here:

Dear David

The first you have to understand ,when you talk about my bespoke service ,is that starting by trial or test shoes these service offer a fully handmade pair
or shoes ,that probably is superior in construction and finishing to a lot of final bespoke shoes made by others.

No shoemaker around the world offers the huge service i offer as bespoke ,because
Starting from our trial shoes or test shoes ,the quality of making and shoes are at the same level of a bespoke final pair made by some other
makers,or probably above.

(when we talk about trial or test ,it is different from trial or tests made by other width glued upper on a sole ,just to see the fitting and nothing else)

It is very easy to understand the difference and benefit of 2 pairs of test shoes (trial plus +test) that make just one.

Generally the full service is for customers that know they have a difficult fit.

When you go to a tailor to make a suit ,generally you do the first measuring ,test ,and also final test before closing the suits,that is the same for us.

This is something very closed to how perfect you wish to receive the final pair.

Not means that you do bespoke from a shoemaker and you receive perfect 100%,nobody can ensure this 100%

But also if you do a test and final pair you got a result,that maybe could be improved more,in the next time with a second pair of shoes.

If you feel you have big issues wearing ready to wear shoes ,the full bespoke service is the best service to solve the most fitting issues.

If you instead know that your fitting is not difficult ,a simple bespoke with test shoes is good too,but ..
if after made the test,it shows us that the fitting needs other big improvements

because you wish more perfect before to do tha main pair
we can always do another pair of shoes and another again (that is a fully wearable pair of handmade bespoke shoes )

Of course the second test,if necessary, is paid a part .

But all these considerations and details ,make our test shoes a real Gift To Our customers that
in Bespoke service made by Meccariello, can receive this incredible service with real shoes always ,also for testing .

If you have questions ,i'm happy to answer you.

Everywhere our service is at TOP,and really honest . considering what we offer and at what price.

If you wish to start some project ,we are here

Kind regards

Antonio

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
AM is definitely very proud of his work, but again personally if I'm doing real bespoke I would never do remote, better just wait, also are you hard to fit in RTW, I think @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes went full bespoke first time, then went to Aurum going forward because he was not hard to fit and Aurum save quite a bit relative to bespoke.

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will share the message Antonio sent explaining the two services here:

Dear David

The first you have to understand ,when you talk about my bespoke service ,is that starting by trial or test shoes these service offer a fully handmade pair
or shoes ,that probably is superior in construction and finishing to a lot of final bespoke shoes made by others.

No shoemaker around the world offers the huge service i offer as bespoke.

It is very easy to understand the difference and benefit of 2 pairs of test shoes (trial plus +test) that make just one.

Generally the full service is for customers that know they have a difficult fit.

When you go to a tailor to make a suit ,generally you do the first measuring ,test ,and also final test before closing the suits,that is the same for us.

This is something very closed to how perfect you wish to receive the final pair.

Not means that you do bespoke from a shoemaker and you receive perfect 100%,nobody can ensure this 100%

But also if you do a test and final pair you got a result,that maybe could be improved more,in the next time with a second pair of shoes.

If you feel you have big issues wearing ready to wear shoes ,the full bespoke service is the best service to solve the most fitting issues.

If you instead know that your fitting is not difficult ,a simple bespoke with test shoes is good too,but ..
if after made the test,it shows us that the fitting needs other big improvements

because you wish more perfect before to do tha main pair
we can always do another pair of shoes and another again (that is a fully wearable pair of handmade bespoke shoes )

Of course the second test,if necessary, is paid a part .

If something is not perfect ,you can improve ordering a second pair of shoes ,
it means that first pair could be used as test and you can improve with second pair .

If you wish to start some project ,we are here

Kind regards

Antonio

I Just sent a request to their service,and

test shoes at moment are not good year welted but totally different.

Their bespoke service ,offer all shoes
in handwelted line,
included test and trial shoes .

This is really an Huge Upgrade :oops::oops:

I guess based on that response from Antonio (courtesy of @dlf1981), and your experience he could be offering a HW shoe PLUS the Bespoke pair. Which definitely is an exceptional value.
Which is a huge upgrade from several years ago when I initially began having him make me shoes ??.

Now if it were me and I was starting again, I would jump straight into Bespoke (as I mentioned earlier). But because I value the fit more than the aesthetics, I would make my subsequent pairs Arg. MTM. The Aurums/Bespoke look slightly better finished, but the Arg. MTM look beautiful enough for my purposes.

Last edited:

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
AM is definitely very proud of his work, but again personally if I'm doing real bespoke I would never do remote, better just wait, also are you hard to fit in RTW, I think @BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes went full bespoke first time, then went to Aurum going forward because he was not hard to fit and Aurum save quite a bit relative to bespoke.

I went Aurum +2, Bespoke +2, everything else Aurum. In retrospect, I should have done Aurum, Bespoke, and everything else Arg. MTM.

dlf1981

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate it. I think I’m gonna go big with full bespoke and then go from there. I want both the perfect fit and the highest possible quality (for no good reason other than to appreciate the craftsmanship)

I currently have Zeb, Carmina, Meermin, Alden, Cheaney, Edward Green, and J Fitzpatrick shoes in the closet. This will be my first AM. I’m just not inclined to spend money experimenting with RTW that could go toward bespoke based on what I’ve heard

BColl_Has_Too_Many_Shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback. I appreciate it. I think I’m gonna go big with full bespoke and then go from there. I want both the perfect fit and the highest possible quality (for no good reason other than to appreciate the craftsmanship)

I currently have Zeb, Carmina, Meermin, Alden, Cheaney, Edward Green, and J Fitzpatrick shoes in the closet. This will be my first AM. I’m just not inclined to spend money experimenting with RTW that could go toward bespoke based on what I’ve heard

That's what I would do with one major caveat. Can you wait until you are able to receive in person measurements? I understand that Antonio has had success with remote fittings, but I insist that you have him inspect your feet.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads