• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Antonio Meccariello Shoes

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those are lovely, but I need a wide fitting, so GMTO/MTO is probably the only route.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
hard to organize GMTO without thunder_march, though just random interest check, anyone interested in something like this

http://www.meccarielloshoes.it/prod...rween-russian-calf-hatch-grain-color-tortora/

but in oxblood (i.e. still hatch grain, don't even know if the leather is available, but just interest check I suppose)

another route I think we can take is to submit stuff to yeossal, or sabot, I have spoken to both them before, looks like both are quite open to ideas (but of course depends on number to get things executed)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh and even though I got the navy austerity brogue lazyman this still looks mighty tempting, especially in oxblood

ecwy

Reaction score
I know it shows up as really blue (and probably true under sunlight) but if it’s indoor the blue is actually quite subtle

It's fairly subtle I would say. Those are from sunlight streaming in from the balcony. My wife was surprised and asked if I purchased black shoes when she saw them (I don't wear black shoes at all which she knows).

ecwy

Reaction score
OMG. That’s so lovely. If only it had been an oxford, I would have been in.

Hmm aren't these oxfords? i.e. not derbies.

Anyway, my personal preference for lazyman would be a full brogue wingtip or maybe galosh wingtip as the side elastic is relatively "busy" if the design is too clean. Although I must say the austerity turned out quite well!

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
galosh with medallion toe or AM's original lazyman design both looks good to me, not sure how galosh with wingtip looks like

Emospence

Reaction score
RTW Legate

34982552_232466304012060_5046987452162506752_n.jpg

supern0va

Reaction score
Hmm aren't these oxfords? i.e. not derbies.

Anyway, my personal preference for lazyman would be a full brogue wingtip or maybe galosh wingtip as the side elastic is relatively "busy" if the design is too clean. Although I must say the austerity turned out quite well!

galosh with medallion toe or AM's original lazyman design both looks good to me, not sure how galosh with wingtip looks like

My preferred lazyman is a wholecut :) nicest one I’ve seen is attached (the yellow one). Haven’t seen one from AM tho!

0DDD81F4-A7AC-4E05-855F-57C31ECCA87A.jpeg

bsarosi

Reaction score
Can someone comment on fit of chisel 2 compared to soft square? My assumption is to go with same size but seeking confirmation.

supern0va

Reaction score
Can someone comment on fit of chisel 2 compared to soft square? My assumption is to go with same size but seeking confirmation.

Chisel 2 is a little bit longer than soft square, I think Antonio said about 4mm.

I take half a width up for soft square (EE fit instead of the regular E fit) in the same size (UK6.5 for me)

evangel21

Reaction score

Chisel 2 is a little bit longer than soft square, I think Antonio said about 4mm.

I take half a width up for soft square (EE fit instead of the regular E fit) in the same size (UK6.5 for me)

Like what Supernova said, Chisel 2 runs a bit larger than the soft square. Thundermarch said about a quarter larger which I agree. I took UK7 for chisel 2 and soft square and I find chisel 2 to have more volume in the vamp and instep and a little heel slip.

cattitude

Reaction score
Like what Supernova said, Chisel 2 runs a bit larger than the soft square. Thundermarch said about a quarter larger which I agree. I took UK7 for chisel 2 and soft square and I find chisel 2 to have more volume in the vamp and instep and a little heel slip.

Going to agree here. I have the same size in both (9UK) and the chisel 2 is a bit larger and slightly roomier - instep is a bit higher. I have a tighter overall fit in the soft-square. I'm content with the same size/width for both, just a slightly different fit. I'd call it more relaxed in the Chisel 2.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nani94