• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another Leather Jacket Quest Thread

thedangsallhere

Reaction score
I've been searching through back pages of this and other forums for about 25 combined hours now, and while closer to finding what I'm looking for, still not there.

I'm after a double rider with no epaulets, slimmer cut, brass hardware. All of the Schott models I've seen don't look quite right in the arm area, too bulky. Same with Vanson. I wouldn't mind thinner/softer leather than the Schotts, but I don't want to be afraid of walking through the woods with it on either. Budget is capped at $750.

I've ordered a Straight to Hell Defector, which has a ridiculous waist measurement of 16.5" across the back, corset-like. It's going back tomorrow. I'm on the brink of ordering a Leather Monkeys Maverick, but am reluctant because I'm located in the USA and returns and shipping are going to be costly.

I know Aero has MTO jackets but it's way out of my range, and their cuts look a little too mature for my taste.

My ideal would be a TOJ but that is pretty much impossible at this point. I'm kind of in a middle ground between fashion and functional jackets. And it's lonely. Anyone have any insight?

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you wont get what you need at that price

I would recommend a custom bates jacket for a little more

Tuma

Reaction score
You should probably wait for summer sales to begin. Have you checked BLK DNM?

thedangsallhere

Reaction score
Bates' styling is a little too functionally done for me, similar to the Vanson and Aero. BLK DNM is more my speed but the sleeves are an inch too long.

I'm looking towards something like Leather Monkeys or Wunder Leathers but can't find much information from buyers. It seems like a lot of flash and not much info on the leather and construction on their respective sites.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads