• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ankle Boot Appreciation! Here are mine, show me some of yours?

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amlai
I believe that they're the Yearling as stated in the post. Definitely not the Forum Special as the sole is stitched on instead of screwed on.

Edit: Yearling but with Flat heel instead of block heel.

So to clarify, Yearling is also an RM Williams last as well as a leather type? I thought the term only referred to the latter.

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Hi,

They're actually the MacQuarie in special order Whiskey, which makes them the B555 last. The box says MTO Yearling, which confused the hell out of me. When I bought them, I thought they were Yearling with a flat heel. They have the standard welted leather sole.

RMW do make a model called Yearling which is the same last as the MacQuarie but with a block heel. Plus, they call their leather Yearling which in theory means you could order a Yearling Yearling. Their site mentions that the MacQuarie has both a square toe and a "narrow medium" toe.... Nice bootmakers, not very bright....
devil.gif

They are indeed very lovely, I'm wearing them now. Thanks for the compliments
smile.gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
So to clarify, Yearling is also an RM Williams last as well as a leather type? I thought the term only referred to the latter.

That's what I thought as well. I have an old RMW catalog and it doesn't list a yearling last.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyw
Hi all, picked up last week at Paul Stuart....Stuart's Choice cognac heavily brogued low balmoral boot.

Very good looking. On sale or full retail?

andyw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
Very good looking. On sale or full retail?

On sale.....lucky to be at the store during the last couple days of the Winter sale......and lucky to have my size. 30% off retail of $678.

Tidybeard

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
That's what I thought as well. I have an old RMW catalog and it doesn't list a yearling last.

It is a little confusing. I arrived at this conclusion mainly from this section of Sator's post in the "Everything you wanted to know about RM Williams" thread, plus the box definitely says B555...

The Yearling in the narrow nosed B522 last with the block heel is a very attractive model. It looks particularly good in black. Narrower widths are available as a custom order: F width with a flat heel and E width for a high heel. The medium G width feels as wide as the chisel toe in the equivalent sized G: even though it looks narrower, they fit the same. If you like the pointier toed last but prefer the flat heel then there is the Macquarie on the B555 last.

PDF infosheet for the Yearling:

http://www.rmwilliams.com.a u/produ...94AC8B8A9BF02B

PDF Infosheet for the Macquarie:

http://www.rmwilliams.com.a u/produ...C25838DE1C017F

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tidybeard
Hi, They're actually the MacQuarie in special order Whiskey, which makes them the B555 last. The box says MTO Yearling, which confused the hell out of me. When I bought them, I thought they were Yearling with a flat heel. They have the standard welted leather sole. RMW do make a model called Yearling which is the same last as the MacQuarie but with a block heel. Plus, they call their leather Yearling which in theory means you could order a Yearling Yearling. Their site mentions that the MacQuarie has both a square toe and a "narrow medium" toe.... Nice bootmakers, not very bright....
devil.gif
They are indeed very lovely, I'm wearing them now. Thanks for the compliments
smile.gif

They look great. The B555 is a tricky last. You sometimes have to drop down a size to get it to fit. You could probably custom order one in an F fit as well. The reason is because it is a long nose last. Some people drop down a width in the Edward Green 82 last as well for similar reasons. I used to find the B555 a bit pointy but I am beginning to like it more and more.

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stopped by the RM Williams store yesterday on the way into work.

They have several shoes on sale (around 200 or so) including the yearling. I really liked the models with the screws on the bottom but I have no idea how those hold up with wear. Also I'd probably prefer something just a bit sleeker (although I saw a couple of dress boots that were pretty sleek) and I don't understand what that line is going up the middle of the whole cut boot.

Other than that, they looked beautiful and the guy that works there has to be one of the nicest sales people I've ever met so you guys should check out the sale
smile.gif

haganah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
Haha we were dicking around doing a photoshoot.
biggrin.gif
In those sorts of things you have to be MR. SERIOUS :[

I recommend a new haircut, new wardrobe and new boots. You know...for your photoshoots. Someone had to say it and I'll gladly be that guy.

andyw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
Pardon my ignorance but are these Grenson or EG? That color is amazing.

Grenson....Masterpiece level qualitity, color is Cognac.

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by haganah
I recommend a new haircut, new wardrobe and new boots. You know...for your photoshoots. Someone had to say it and I'll gladly be that guy.
That picture's quite old, and I've already changed all of those things. Well, not the boots yet, but I'm about to. Although I can almost guarantee that you'd dislike my new style less, and I really need to stop coming to this forum since I realize I'm not going to find much acceptance here (and that's fine, we all have different tastes).
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads